How Long to Transfer Data

tkco

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
For those who transferred data from old phone to new S7/edge using Samsung SmartSwitch, how long did it take? Was your data amount small/medium/large?

I have GS4 and will use a funky cable (forgot name) to connect the devices directly.
I'd say my data amount is medium to large.

Myronmack

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
It comes with the otg cable to transfer, I transferred 17gb from my old s6 to the s7 it took 10 min 👌

Posted via the Android Central App

tkco

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It comes with the otg cable to transfer, I transferred 17gb from my old s6 to the s7 it took 10 min ??????

Thanks Myron for the followup. I think my S4 has about the same data amount. That's pretty fast. I ordered an inexpensive OTG cable from Amazon because I'm not sure if Sprint will include one in the S7 delivery.

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I also have a note 4 and am wondering if this would work between it and the gs7. Also does it also allow you to choose which folders and items are transferred or is it literally everything from one phone to the next?

Myronmack

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
It'll work on all current Samsung phones that you can download smart switch onto, you should be fine, if you ever used the smart switch app you can choose what you want to have transfered over from the old phone.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
And do you have to have the app installed on both the old and new devices for it to work properly?

Posted from the one and only Note 4

tkco

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I successfully used smart switch to transfer from my old Galaxy S4 to my new Galaxy S7.
I used a cable to connect the two phones.
Maybe 20 minutes. I was pleased.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I successfully used smart switch to transfer from my old Galaxy S4 to my new Galaxy S7.
I used a cable to connect the two phones.
Maybe 20 minutes. I was pleased.

Do you have to use a cable, or can it be done without it?

Posted from the one and only Note 4

Myronmack

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
You can do it without it but trust me you'll want too, the cable is much much faster transfer speeds

GS5TR

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
In the package of a S7 you see a micro extern usb plug, when u put in the cable into old and new phone and you choose which files and apps to transfer, you will see a time in minuts.