S7 vs Edge battery life

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
i'm trying to decide which one i will get. not sure if the extra 600mah is worth the $150 or so extra on the edge over the s7. i really don't care about the "edge" notification or the larger screen. my only reason for considering the edge is the larger battery. anyone have experience with both?

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I'll be getting both next week so I'll be doing some real life comparisons.

Posted from my kicking Samsung Note4 on Lollipop 5.1.1

natehartey12

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I've had the s7 for two days, I've killed the battery from 100% to 5% 4 times since. I've been playing with it a lot! I'm getting about 4 hours SOT

Posted via the Android Central App

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Anecdotally, it seems the S7 is a 5-6 hour SOT phone and the S7 edge is a 6-8 hour SOT phone. Of course, so many variables and factors at work to increase or decrease those numbers but from early S7 and S7 edge reports plus my own S7 edge usage for the past 5 days, the trend seems to be in that direction. I'm super happy with my edge battery life.

Will be great to have other carriers and many more phones out in the wild to get much more data. T-Mobile battery life seems to often be on the shorter side of the spectrum so can't wait to see other carrier phones report in!

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
wow 4 hours screen time would be a great improvement over the worst phone i've ever had the unfortunate luck to use (g4) which gives me only 3 hours screen time though i've never had any experience having the battery go below 20% since i'm constantly plugging it in just in case there's an emergency and don't get to charge it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae