Front camera?

Myronmack

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Anyone notice on the units they received the front camera is not in focus? The background is in focus but the subject is not,all beauty modes etc are off. I hope they fix with a software update.

Posted via the Android Central App

Myronmack

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I checked all settings everything is off, the background is in focus but the subject is not, it's software related for sure.

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
OP, post a picture please. No one else is having issues yet reported, so it cannot be a software issue on the phone. Could be your setting or a bad camera. Not wide spread

Myronmack

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
As you can see the background is in focus but I'm not, all toggles are off

Attachments

• 15939.jpg
    15939.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 72

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Is that a crop or are you close to the lens? If the later it may not focus that close unless macro is enabled.

I don't get my phone until next week so I can't check on mine.

Myronmack

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I cropped it to so you could see the difference, the background beams etc are in focus but if you look at the outline of the face it's blurry

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Try touching the screen before taking the shot where your face is on the display and it should focus on your face.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

alien130

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Touching the screen takes the picture for the front camera, don't believe front camera has the option to choose focal points

yungskeeme88

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Try touching the screen before taking the shot where your face is on the display and it should focus on your face.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

Nope. I notice once I pull the camera back further it doesn't look as grainy but then you really can't see the face

dennislaniak

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
How can you guys possibly say the photos "look fine". Compare these photos to Iphone6 or LG G5. They have absolutely no detail at all. My S4 has better photos. I just got the S7 and wow the quality is horrible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34