SD card notification

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I restart my phone, I get a card in my notification tray stating there is a SD card & gives me options to explore or eject. Is this something that will pop up every time? Just curious cause it's kinda annoying.

Posted via the Android Central App

JamalJohnson

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I think it's something everytime. It's going to be annoying for me, because I never planned to remove the SD card...
I guess I'll just keep swiping away.

Posted via the Android Central App

DucatiJoe1

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, just wanted to post a solution to the problem. All of you with this phone, that use an external SD card, are getting an annoying notification that says, "SD card For transferring photos and media," and it doesnt seem to go away. If this message appears over and over again in your status bar, the only known way to get rid of it was to previously just keep "clearing" it out or remove the SD card completely.

If you are receiving a notification "SD card For transferring photos and media" on your Samsung Galaxy S7 and you cannot get the notification to go away, please try to do the following:

1. BACKUP your sd card - plug your phone into your computer and copy off the contents of the SD card
2. On the phone, navigate to: Settings >> Memory >> SD Card
3. In the submenu, choose FORMAT

All of the data on the memory card will be formatted to the correct file system and the memor card will be reconnected to the phone for proper use. The message, "SD card For transferring photos and media" should no longer appear.

Hopefully this helped you out! Thanks!