screen protectors?

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Yep it's that time of year again. Who can recommend a screen protector [glass] that doesn't have the halo effect going on

Posted via the Android Central App

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Right on. FYI the invisible shields glass screen protectors from either att or best buy are horrible. Major halo going on. Absolutely horrible. Do not buy

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
yeah I got the zagg from best buy but I swear the halo is actually affecting the screen sensitivity around the edges of the phone. hope it's not just me that's experiencing this problem

Coolaaron88

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Both the bodyguardz and ZAGG screen protectors for the S7 have the halo issue. It wasn't like this for the S6. I'm guessing there is a more prominent 2D curve on the glass this generation. Hopefully the curved glass protector that ZAGG is working on is a better showing.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
yeah I got the zagg from best buy but I swear the halo is actually affecting the screen sensitivity around the edges of the phone. hope it's not just me that's experiencing this problem

Same issue for me. You're not alone. Lol

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
How about the Home button? Does it stick up above the glass screen protectors or is it flush or below the glass screen protector?

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Have mentioned in a few other threads but I am probably going to try out Verizon's. I had 3 of them put on my S6 and each one had a slight halo with the last one being very minimal. I don't like going without one so don't want to wait for a good one to come out. Will keep everyone updated.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
It's the glass on the phone, it has a very slight arc on the edges so it's almost impossible to have full coverage without the halo

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
OK so i.picked up a zagg hd clear today . Awesome fit, no halo. It will do.until zagg comes out with the flexible glass one

lmandl

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Spartan Shield tempered glass screen protector. $1.99 on ebay, shipped from Ohio. Lifetime warranty. Perfect fit and no halo.

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Spartan Shield tempered glass screen protector. $1.99 on ebay, shipped from Ohio. Lifetime warranty. Perfect fit and no halo.
Do you mind posting a picture of it? Also when did you install, some of the screen protectors I have put on didn't have a halo until a day or two after.

DBeary

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Have mentioned in a few other threads but I am probably going to try out Verizon's. I had 3 of them put on my S6 and each one had a slight halo with the last one being very minimal. I don't like going without one so don't want to wait for a good one to come out. Will keep everyone updated.
I got the Zagg glass screen protector with my phone from the Verizon Galaxy S7 accessories site ... dont bother, it's flat and stops before the curved sides so it laves the edge of the screen unprotected ... took mine back to the store (package does say it's for the S7)
I'm waiting on both Zagg and Tech Armor to come out with there full coverage curved glass screen protectors to decide which company
Also have used Skinomi on my phones and liked the no case feel
...trying to decide if i want the Zagg HD Clear for the back, Or the full coverage Skinomi for the whole phone , just so I can show off that gorgeous micro brushed finish that's on the back of the black version :heart:
EDIT: .. just ordered the Skinomi skin protector (whole phone) .. figured $8.96 + free shipping in the US was not too much to find out if I like it
Skinomi ... http://www.skinomi.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge.html
ZAGG .... Samsung Galaxy S7 Accessories | ZAGG

Last edited:

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I bought the verizon 3-pack regular plastic screen protectors until I find something better. They are too small in my opinion. Could be a few mm wider and taller. No case is going to wrap around this much. Is there really enough of a curve on the edge that they are worried it will peel up on the sides?

Like other ones I've used the oil from my fingers start smearing all over it in no time. Maybe it's just what happens? Are the tempered glass ones better for that?

alien130

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

The disclaimer says they recommend using a "skinny" case. What case do you use and do you notice any issues?

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm so I bought a cheapo TechGuard one and I'm not very impressed. It doesn't cover the extreme edges of the display (couple mm too narrow) so is quite conspicuous, unlike the tempered glass protector I got for my Sony Z5 Compact, which is perfect. I guess that's the advantage of having completely flat screens like the Sony's do.

Should I wait for the Zagg contoured glass or get the HD Clarity one for the S7? Does the HD Clarity provide full coverage of the display?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech