Power/Lock button not working?

elly58

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue. Power/lock button was not responding. A force restart (power + volume down together until the screen responds) appears to have fixed it.

azkevman

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Had this happen as well, there was another thread about it this past weekend. I did a force restart and went into safe mode, then regular mode and it fixed it for me. Though I did also experience a corrupted SD card shortly after, not sure if it was related or not. Had to remove sd, reformat and all seems well now.

Rbtpartsman

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
My power button stopped working this morning as well. No matter how long I held it down it wouldn't give me the "Power down/Restart Menu". I saw on other forums they just said take it back to store and return it immediately. I only had the phone 2 days. I saw THIS forum and tried the power/volume down button solution, thinking how could that work if the power button isn't working ? I held it for 9 seconds before it restarted and all is like new now ! Thanks for the tip !:cool:

DarthCorvax

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same thing happen. Force restart was working temporarily. Uninstalled a couple of recently installed apps and everything has gone back to normal.

Sebassgarzon1234

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I am having trouble turning on my LG Stylo. I took the battery out to see if I could turn it back on like I used to do it but now I cant even get it on please help.

Jazzy2105

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
No offence Elly58... but what a stupid response to the question ! "My power button is not working or responding", so you type, "Press the power button (which isn't working :| ) and volume down for force restart...

very unhelpful !

Aidan Day

Nov 25, 2017
Visit site
you made it worse

I tried to do the reset and now my phone is dead black no buttons are working and the led indicator has a bright white light, do you know at all how to fix this???

Update- I got my phone to turn on again but the power button still won't work... back to square one

Last edited:

Garfish

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
@ Jazzy, You're jumping the gun there, the power button not working could have numerous reasons. The button itself, the hardware it's attached to, firmware or software.

If it's software that's impacting it's operation then other functions like "force reset" which is built into firmware, would still work, and would tell you straight away the button is actually functional, and that the problem is software related. As may restarting in safe mode if it works in safe mode.

If it does not work it would indicate either a firmware issue, or an issue with the button itself or attached components. So attempting a reset isn't entirely stupid, it's just standard troubleshooting, never rule anything out until it's tested.

Addijenkins

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
Thank you guys for the advice, it really helped and i honestly didnt think it would have. I just held down the power and volume buttons for about 10 sec and it restarted and everything was cool.

letusprey

Mar 30, 2018
Visit site
No offence Elly58... but what a stupid response to the question ! "My power button is not working or responding", so you type, "Press the power button (which isn't working :| ) and volume down for force restart...

very unhelpful !

Jazzy, your response is ignorant...no offense. I had the same problem-power button not responding. Tried vol down/power button and it fixed the problem. Try something before you post rude comments maybe...

xdamember

Apr 26, 2018
Visit site
Jazzy, your response is ignorant...no offense. I had the same problem-power button not responding. Tried vol down/power button and it fixed the problem. Try something before you post rude comments maybe...
Jazzy's answer wasn't rude bro. Its completely sense that he thought that this won't work when the button not even work. you can't be angry on him. But i have this problem too, i found out the fix: hit the back of the phone on area of the button.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty