App moved to SD, app drawer shortcut broken

gnahc79

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I've recreated this issue several time now with different apps.
1) move an app to the SD card
2) the app in the app drawer has the normal icon and launches fine
3) some time later the shortcut no longer works directly in the app drawer and is grayed out ("application not installed"). However if I do search in the app drawer for the app it launches successfully.
Screenshots below. Anyone else have this problem too? Not a major issue really, just annoying.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 13040.jpg
    13040.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 39

gnahc79

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
And now all the app shortcuts in the app drawer moved to SD work again. No phone restart. The SD card notification did pop up for no reason. I have the 64gb Samsung SD card from the best buy bundle.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
And now all the app shortcuts in the app drawer moved to SD work again. No phone restart. The SD card notification did pop up for no reason. I have the 64gb Samsung SD card from the best buy bundle.

How long did that process take? I waited a good 10 minutes for the apps to start working again but it didn't so I'm decrypting my card.. :(

gnahc79

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
More than 2 hours is my guess. Maybe there's some service, daemon, or agent acting up that breaks the link in the app drawer, but not when you search for it... strange.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
More than 2 hours is my guess. Maybe there's some service, daemon, or agent acting up that breaks the link in the app drawer, but not when you search for it... strange.

I gave up and just decrypted the card. I like having my apps up and running as soon as the phone turns on. Do the apps function without issues when you restart or do you have to wait another 2 hours for it to fix itself?

gnahc79

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The apps launch just fine if I search for them in the app drawer (my first screen shot). The app still launches even though it has the Android SD icon. I don't mind really since I move my "don't use it so often" apps to SD.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
The apps launch just fine if I search for them in the app drawer (my first screen shot). The app still launches even though it has the Android SD icon. I don't mind really since I move my "don't use it so often" apps to SD.

Good to know. Unfortunately I moved over everything I could so I guess I'm stuck leaving my SD card unencrypted. Thanks for your help!