Shortage of phones at Best Buy?

browski85

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I pre-ordered the 32gb Samsung Galaxy s7 edge at Best Buy about a week ago. Had expected arrival March 7th. Needless to say it has come and gone and still has not shown being prepared for shipping. Today I get an email from the Vice President of Customer Experience stating my order for the phone has been delayed up to 30 days! I don't understand how there can be a delay when other carrier have been releasing phones a week or more in advance.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If by some chance you are with AT&T, cancel the bb order and go straight to the carrier. Right now they are doing a BOGO offer.

Posted via the Android Central App

SROJR

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Ouch. I ordered mine 3/5 online with an in-store pickup and got the email Monday AM that looked like I could pick up the phone on the 7th. Called BB; they said the phone was "on the truck" and it would be another day or so before I could pick up the phone. I've not yet received the "30 day" email but if I do I'll find someone who has the phone in stock and then cancel my pre-order. I'll be ultra bummed if I can't get my pre-order this week.

Ryan Tomkins1

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
If you ordered the Silver Edge, from what I've read elsewhere it's not just BB, but other carriers are delaying as well. Seems as though the demand for that color was not planned very well.

browski85

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I chose Sprint. Although I suppose I could switch carriers. I went with best buy because they give you a free 64gb sd 10 series hd card + the vr headset for just buying the phone. Plus I paid for the whole phone so I can pay it over 12 months using the best buy card how I want to with no interest.

ATT plans gimmick you into paying more over an extended period, which I don't really care for. Also their prices are a bit steep at times.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If by some chance you are with AT&T, cancel the bb order and go straight to the carrier. Right now they are doing a BOGO offer.

You do need to add a line, and keep it for 30 months to make it truly bogo.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered the 32gb Samsung Galaxy s7 edge at Best Buy about a week ago. Had expected arrival March 7th. Needless to say it has come and gone and still has not shown being prepared for shipping. Today I get an email from the Vice President of Customer Experience stating my order for the phone has been delayed up to 30 days! I don't understand how there can be a delay when other carrier have been releasing phones a week or more in advance.

It wouldn't surprise me if carriers filled their preorders first before sending phones to third parties like best buy

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

browski85

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
If that is the case, I wouldn't be as mad if they told me up front and/or didn't have a planned shipment date of 7th or even the 11th when it officially releases.

daviddlt

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I was told by reps that they only received what was pre-ordered. Not true, I went to another store and they had 3 extras, paid for mine up front on Monday.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463