AT&T Visual Voicemail

ih8sn0w88

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I can't set up my visual voicemail on my AT&T s7. I have been on the phone with a rep for over 2 hours trying to get it to work. Still nothing, so the rep suggested going into a corp store and exchanging it "buyers remorse" since the phone is "glitchy" according to the rep. Upon calling the same store, and speaking with the same employee at a corp store that the main AT&T rep talked to, he won't give me a phone. Even though the rep on the phone stated otherwise. I'm so aggravated, never have I had such a problem with a device. Maybe I should've stuck with my iPhone 6, at least that isn't "glitchy" like this phone. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the stupid thing to work?
Screenshot_20160309-105406.jpg

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would contact att executive relations. They tend to have more power and get things done than regular reps

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
agreed.. its the app itself.. I got an error message but have not really messed with it much. Still setting things up.. I will try to test tomorrow.

Shiner63

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I have an S7 and the Visual Voicemail that came preinstalled works but it does not convert vmsg to text like the old AT&T app version. I have tired downloading the AT&T Visual Voicemail off of Play Store but cannot get it to recognize my number/pin code combo that does work with the preinstalled version. have you manually tried calling into your voicemail account and ensure number, pin, and any received prompts are answered then go back and try the presintsalled vmsg version?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have had no issues on my GS7. I called customer care made sure my line was provisioned for Visual Voicemail.

Posted via the Android Central App

rdickert

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I've had this issue moving back and forth from IOS to Android - AT&T handles voicemail very differently between the two platforms. Call up AT&T tech support and make sure that they have your IMEI's sorted out in the systems and make sure that there are no vestiges of IOS features left hanging around your profile - reboot the phone and your VVM will work fine.

ih8sn0w88

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
For some reason it happened until a rep in the store seen that for some reason I had "vmail over wifi" enabled in the att settings. He removed it, reset my voicemail and it worked. I never even put that on my account with att. So one of the reps must have and that was what made it not work. I'm on my third s7 because of glitches. I can say I finally have a good one!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I can't set up my visual voicemail on my AT&T s7. I have been on the phone with a rep for over 2 hours trying to get it to work. Still nothing, so the rep suggested going into a corp store and exchanging it "buyers remorse" since the phone is "glitchy" according to the rep. Upon calling the same store, and speaking with the same employee at a corp store that the main AT&T rep talked to, he won't give me a phone. Even though the rep on the phone stated otherwise. I'm so aggravated, never have I had such a problem with a device. Maybe I should've stuck with my iPhone 6, at least that isn't "glitchy" like this phone. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the stupid thing to work?
View attachment 219354

Did you get it figured out? Did you by chance have wifi calling for iPhone enabled on your account?

vkudryav

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
This the reason why vvm does not work with ATT:
If your Galaxy 7S was not purchased from ATT so ATT refuses to set vvm.
The following is the chat fragment with ATT agent:
Jessica : I do see here that details are correct. I was also able to determine that the reason why we cannot set up the VVM is because the device is not from att.
Jessica : Basic voicemail is the only applicable that can be set up on your device.
Jessica : '
Val k : hmmm. Is it fixable ?
Jessica : Hmm, i do apologize however for unkown manufacturer device, we can only add basic voicemail but not VVM.
Jessica : As much as we would love to add VVM, the system won't allow us since it is not an ATT device.

c_dame

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Where did the rep find that setting? I am looking for it on my phone and I am not able to find the setting to see if it is turned off or on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781