Apps on SD Card disappear when you encrypt the SD Card

LMychajluk

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Seems like all the apps I moved to my SD card just up and disappeared when I chose to Encrypt it (the icons disappeared from 'Apps'). When I decrypted it, they came back.

Am I doing this right? I'm assuming the data on the SD card should be available to the OS w/o having to manually decrypt it each time you want to access that data, right?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you move all apps back to the Phone Storage first, then encrypt the SD, then move the apps back to SD?

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
What happens if you move all apps back to the Phone Storage first, then encrypt the SD, then move the apps back to SD?

I encrypted the SD card before I moved the apps to the card. Restarted the phone, can't use apps. Seems you can't use encryption and apps on SD card. The 2 don't get along very well... :(

LMychajluk

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I encrypted the SD card before I moved the apps to the card. Restarted the phone, can't use apps. Seems you can't use encryption and apps on SD card. The 2 don't get along very well... :(

Thanks for trying that. I was thinking about it, but didn't want to go through the hassle.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21