Samsung galaxy s7 and Snapchat

fasali87

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I want to know how the phone performs using Snapchat (especially the front camera).
Because I use it a lot and I am not happy with the front camera on S5 (which I have now) when I use the app.

Posted via the Android Central App

theonecid

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I want to know how the phone performs using Snapchat (especially the front camera).
Because I use it a lot and I am not happy with the front camera on S5 (which I have now) when I use the app.

Well, the S5 has a 2MP front camera with f/2.4 while the S7 has a 5MP front with f/1.7. Should be much better.

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if it just needs an update but coming from an S6 I see a major difference in the quality of the front facing camera, especially on Snapchat. I can take the same picture side by side and the S6 is much more clear and sharp, as well as brighter too. Not sure why that would be.

Themassimo94

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
It's pretty good on my s7 edge almost iPhone good. I just switched from a iPhone 6s plus. It's a great phone so far. I still need to get used to android

13Webvix

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I found this thread because I just got a gs7 through Sprint to replace my gs5, and I'm totally disappointed in the Snapchat front camera now! I thought it would be better. Instead the photos are coming out grainy, and the screen flash makes the photo weirdly cool toned. Not happy! :( Any idea how to fix?

FlyHigh365

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
From my experience. Using Snapchat on an Android is trash. I used it on iPhone and it was perfect. Since I got an Android, any front facing camera is horrible while using snap.

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
This!! I have an iPhone 6s plus and follow a bunch of people on Snap and I can always tell which ones are using Androids. I'm not talking about low end androids im talking flagships like Note 5, S6 and now the S7. The video quality is always lower compared to iPhone users. One friend has an iPhone 5s and his videos look much better than my other friend with a Note 5. Its just something with the Android snapchat app and they way they process the pics/videos through the app that makes it come out like that. No matter how good the camera specs are.

Aimar_69

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
you guys all right .
reason why is snapchat horrible developers that are so lazy to actually work
basically the snapchat app takes a "screenshot" of the camera
so the cammera isn't actually taking a picture . that is because they wanted to go for speed and not quality also bcs lower budget phones will struggle .
so yes it mostly depends on the lens and lighting more than camera specs .

Raymond Assi

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm really mad because for some reason the front facing Snapchat quality is much clearer and sharper on the S6 as opposed to my S7 edge which the quality is blurry and terrible. Please help

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
This thread just sheds light on the issue about the differences between android apps and iphone apps.
The S7 front camera isn't the issue. It's the way the app processes the photo is. My phone takes amazing photos. You would never know this if you followed me on snapchat or even Instagram. My photos are not nearly as clear or sharp as they are on my phone or any other app. Until developers stop getting lazy you won't see this issue get addressed.

UCH 17

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site

I'm definitely not happy with the front facing camera on Snapchat with my s7. Very disappointing. Also the video on Snapchat is also blurry :/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar