Should I?

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Okay friends. Here is the situation. I am one of those nuts that always has to have the latest shiny thing that is being partaded around the internet when it comes to Android. If it is something I can't justify getting I usually find a way anyhow or most certainly am lusting for it. I currently am sporting the Note 5 as my weapon of choice. I love this phone. No question about it. But again, shiny things in front of me and I'm like, SQUIRREL!, instantly distracted. So my question is to all the lucky folks that picked up the S7. And It;'s a simple one at that...Should I or shouldn't I? And just as a FYI, I'm looking to be convinced to and not so much not to because the Note 5 in my pocket already has that covered. PEACE! :-\ ;)

KDiz

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I switched from a Note 5. My reasons were size (tiny Asian hands), water resistance, and not using the stylus as much as I thought I would. Can't offer much comparison as I've had the S7 less than a day. Only thing I can think of is if you need the stylus or not.

Posted via the Android Central App

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Don't be a sucker and fall for the hype. That's exactly what they want you to do. I have an S6 although currently as my backup device, I'd not be to quick to plunge ahead into a new $700 device. Probably not what you want to hear, but how about take a deep breath look yourself in the mirror and say. "we're going to take a wait and see attitude for a change and sit this one out". Yeah, it's the latest and greatest from Sammy, but it's not that great in all reality. Basically an S6 in a shiny new wrapper and bit bigger battery, meh, if you ask me.Why be a schmuck for their advertising? You must resist! Be strong! S**t man, you already have a nice device. Save your money. I vote this idea down, down, down to the ground. Keep your current and call it a day. You'll be a better man for it and in less than a month the shiny newness would have worn off anyway.

tesladroid

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Coming from a Note 4 to the Edge...if your motivation is a smaller size or removable storage, you'll probably like it. Otherwise, I would hold off and go to a store a few times and play with it extensively. I can't really find anything this phone does better than the Note 4 - I actually like the Note 5 the best, but I need removable storage. It's not a bad phone, I just happen to like my Note 4 better.

And, I was also very excited over a new phone. Especially reading all the hype. It's a good phone but I guess I was expecting it to change my life? It's been a little underwhelming of an experience.

nthnu

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm the same way, personally it was upgrade time and the deals looked great so we jump on it. We have 2013 Moto X, so almost everything (98%) is way better lol.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If you say you are always on the latest by now you would have bought and enjoying the phone. Get on with the program :)

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
same here I switched from the note 4 which I still love but this is a much more comfortable fit in the hand and the battery life is great

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Okay friends. Here is the situation. I am one of those nuts that always has to have the latest shiny thing that is being partaded around the internet when it comes to Android. If it is something I can't justify getting I usually find a way anyhow or most certainly am lusting for it. I currently am sporting the Note 5 as my weapon of choice. I love this phone. No question about it. But again, shiny things in front of me and I'm like, SQUIRREL!, instantly distracted. So my question is to all the lucky folks that picked up the S7. And It;'s a simple one at that...Should I or shouldn't I? And just as a FYI, I'm looking to be convinced to and not so much not to because the Note 5 in my pocket already has that covered. PEACE! :-\ ;)

I really can't answer this question intelligently unless I know what your are looking for in your daily driver. How important is the S-Pen feature? Does more screen real estate turn you on? Are you compelled to shower with your phone? How important is battery life? Expandable storage? You might see what where I'm going here...

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a Note 4 to the Edge...if your motivation is a smaller size or removable storage, you'll probably like it. Otherwise, I would hold off and go to a store a few times and play with it extensively. I can't really find anything this phone does better than the Note 4 - I actually like the Note 5 the best, but I need removable storage. It's not a bad phone, I just happen to like my Note 4 better.

And, I was also very excited over a new phone. Especially reading all the hype. It's a good phone but I guess I was expecting it to change my life? It's been a little underwhelming of an experience.

From a Note 4 to a S7 Edge?

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I really can't answer this question intelligently unless I know what your are looking for in your daily driver. How important is the S-Pen feature? Does more screen real estate turn you on? Are you compelled to shower with your phone? How important is battery life? Expandable storage? You might see what where I'm going here...

I went from the Note 4 to the S6. I really liked the look and feel of the S6. A little small for my liking but not a deal breaker by a long shot. But things like poor battery life and occasional overheating kinda killed the experience for me. So I quickly hopped on the Note 5 when it launched. And I honestly have no regrets and would be perfectly fine staying with the Note until the Note 6. But the S7 seems to be everything I loved about the S6 and improved upon the things I didn't like. I guess I'm looking to hear from people that have the S7 in particular the folks who upgraded from the Note 5.

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Don't be a sucker and fall for the hype. That's exactly what they want you to do. I have an S6 although currently as my backup device, I'd not be to quick to plunge ahead into a new $700 device. Probably not what you want to hear, but how about take a deep breath look yourself in the mirror and say. "we're going to take a wait and see attitude for a change and sit this one out". Yeah, it's the latest and greatest from Sammy, but it's not that great in all reality. Basically an S6 in a shiny new wrapper and bit bigger battery, meh, if you ask me.Why be a schmuck for their advertising? You must resist! Be strong! S**t man, you already have a nice device. Save your money. I vote this idea down, down, down to the ground. Keep your current and call it a day. You'll be a better man for it and in less than a month the shiny newness would have worn off anyway.

You need to get a job as the guy who talks people down from ledges. Thanks friend

daviddlt

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I would wait for the Note 6. I had the note 5 but sold it cause of crappie reception. I got the S7 and am satisfied with it, but a few things I miss from the Note 5.
S pen
Larger screen
16mp camera with better ratio

What I do like about the S7
Expandable storage
One hand use
Great low light pics
It's FAST but tends to get hot 😑

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads