SideSync for the PC was updated today March 10. Now desktop will not connect with Galaxy S7.

MisterEd51

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
SideSync for the PC was updated today to match the Android update yesterday. The PC version is now 4.3.067.

Computer 1:
Type: Laptop
O/S: Windows 7 Pro 32-bit
Network: WiFi to router
SideSync: 4.3.067

Computer 2:
Type: Desktop
O/S: Windows 7 Ult 64-bit
Network: Ethernet to router
SideSync: 4.3.067

I have some good news and bad news.

Computer #1 still works fine with SideSync. I tested it with WiFi and USB to the Galaxy S7.

Computer #2 no longer connects using SideSync no matter what I try. Sometimes it will crash when I enter a PIN or scan QR code. The error I get is "An unknown error occurred. SideSync will close." SideSync will not even connect using the S7's USB cable.

I have since gone back to SideSync 4.2.0.37 with Computer #2. It now connects again using SideSync.

MisterEd51

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Just an update. I have now successfully updated SideSync from v4.2.0.37 to v4.3.0.67 on the PC. What made the difference was updating the Samsung USB driver for the PC before I updated SideSync. I downloaded and installed the Samsung USB driver v1.5.45.00.

I have found that the S7 SideSync connects more easily to the PC using a USB cable. With WiFi it seems to take a long time for the connection to happen.

Another thing the USB driver fixed was now when using a USB connection a removable storage device shows up in My Computer on the PC. This is because the USB driver added the support for Media device (MTP). I can now copy files between the S7 and my PC using that device. Note that Sidesync does not need to be running for this to happen.

When I connect with Sidesync using WiFi there is no removable device on My Computer on the PC. However Sidesync itself has an option to view the files on the S7 with the PC. It is more cumbersome to use than the USB removable storage device but does allow me to share files between the S7 and the PC.

GoobCow

Mar 25, 2017
Visit site
Thank you! I just signed up for an account to say this. I'm having the same issue. I haven't tried your fix yet, but regardless, I really appreciate people who provide an update to an issue they've resolved.

There are three people in the world:
  1. People that update a question with a solution when they find it
  2. People who don't
  3. People who go out of their way to say they figured it out, but now how - these people deserve a special place in hell

Thanks!

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Glad you have it figured out. The desktop version for MAC was just updated BTW. I hope that resolves issues for some. SideSync has vastly improved with every update. Whoever the dev team is they seem to be on fire!

It's on it's way to be Samsung's alternative to imessage.....almost. :)

NOTE: in some ways better, with the newest inclusion of file transfer.