S7 (or Marshmallow) and Airwatch

RJMullins

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Got my S7 yesterday, but because we use Airwatch for MDM at work I must install the Airwatch Inbox, Contacts, and Calendar, cannot use the default Samsung apps. I have an Office365, Outlook.com, Gmail, and work account (Gmail is for spammers, Outlook.com for stuff not quite spam).

For years I gotten used to having the Calendar have everything in one spot, same with the contacts, and email (except Gmail). Now I have three places for email, and two for contacts and email… This may be a deal breaker for me. I will have to call Airwatch and see if they plan on supporting the Samsung default apps again…

Has anyone else found a solution for this pain?

TIA,
Bob

workdevil

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
Got my S7 yesterday, but because we use Airwatch for MDM at work I must install the Airwatch Inbox, Contacts, and Calendar, cannot use the default Samsung apps. I have an Office365, Outlook.com, Gmail, and work account (Gmail is for spammers, Outlook.com for stuff not quite spam).

For years I gotten used to having the Calendar have everything in one spot, same with the contacts, and email (except Gmail). Now I have three places for email, and two for contacts and email… This may be a deal breaker for me. I will have to call Airwatch and see if they plan on supporting the Samsung default apps again…

Has anyone else found a solution for this pain?

TIA,
Bob

Did you ever find any answers for using native apps via Airwatch?

bostonnerd

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
The ability to use apps outside the Airwatch (and most other MDMs) container is a function that is set by your corporate mobile IT folks. You will need to check with them to see if there is a procedure to whitlist a specific app.