04-20-2017 10:00 AM
44 12
tools
    If I disable screen locking completely, then I don't get my pattern or pin screen either.

On my previous android phone, the lock screen had the dots where I could just my pattern and get into my phone. I didn't have to swipe before doing my pattern. On my new S7, now I have to swipe before I do my pattern. In the grand scheme of things this is a minor problem, and yet it's surprisingly annoying.
    08-15-2016 03:31 PM
    If only! I use the fingerprint, but it still makes me swipe to open sometimes.
    09-01-2016 03:13 PM
    This issue is about as serious as the headphone jack being removed from the iPhone 7
    09-11-2016 04:22 PM
    My S7 requires me to swipe before I can enter my pattern to unlock. I just want to turn on the screen and use the pattern like I did on my S4.

Read some older post saying to turn off smart lock, but I have none of those turned on.
    It's not s7. It's the marshmallow update. I just use the fingerprint scanner on mine and it solves the problem, but my tablet doesn't have that, so when I had to get my tablet replaced, and it didn't have the update, I opted to not update it, thus saving myself the aggravation of that stupid extra swipe screen. Google needs to put in an option to disable that. Until they do, I won't be accepting any updates on my phone or tablet from now on.
    09-11-2016 06:11 PM
    So someone solved the problem of the swipe before the pattern unlock by turning off security all together, but I have the J7 and don't think I have thumb print, plus I work all day in gloves, so that wouldn't work anyway! I listen to music most of the time, but sometimes my phone is left in the open and I don't want someone walking up and messing with it, hence why I have the Pattern! So, instead of complaining about it, could someone please provide a Logical answer to remove the swipe, but still keep my pattern! It is kind of petty to complain about, I just listened to Louis CK's bit on this the other day (if you haven't heard it, it's pretty funny) and I'm thankful there are cell phones, but at the same time, they are made to be easy, and this is just an annoying 2 step process... Thank for any help you can offer
    09-23-2016 09:17 AM
    first of all set a security as NONE. after that download from googleplay application lock screen pattern. or gesture lock screen.
    11-12-2016 05:46 AM
    That did it! Thanks!
    11-15-2016 09:49 AM
    I agree with you 100%.
    My s6 would go straight to the lock pattern when I turned it on. S7 you have to swipe just to get to the lock pattern then enter lock pattern . 2 steps to unlock phone instead of one. I know you can use fingerprint to get around this . But I don't want to use fingerprint and I'm sure there are others that don't like using fingerprint either.
    Anyway I hope they fix this in a future update.
    Why not just use the fingerprint scanner? Just place your finger on the home button and bam...you are in with no swipe required. Easy peasy.

Additionally you could also set up a trusted device or trusted location to keep it unlocked in certain places or situations.
    I just think people( like crazy *** girls) can access my phone while I am sleeping,by putting my finger on the scanner without me knowing...can become a dicey situation lol...just saying, everyone is not a fan of the fingerprint security..haha
    11-16-2016 08:39 PM
    I just think people( like crazy *** girls) can access my phone while I am sleeping,by putting my finger on the scanner without me knowing...can become a dicey situation lol...just saying, everyone is not a fan of the fingerprint security..haha
    Why using Samsung's Knox with two forms of authentication for your important stuff can help
    11-20-2016 02:26 AM
    Yes, this works, but provides no security for those who don't want to use fingerprint.
    Having to swipe twice to access the phone is ridiculous.
    11-23-2016 09:41 AM
    Why not just use the fingerprint scanner? Just place your finger on the home button and bam...you are in with no swipe required. Easy peasy.

Additionally you could also set up a trusted device or trusted location to keep it unlocked in certain places or situations.
    I set up the finger print unlock and it still makes me swipe up. Also, when I double twist my Motorola Droid Z Force, it makes me swipe up before the camera comes on. Something is broken.
    12-06-2016 07:39 AM
    Unless you have calluses. Mine worked great until yesterday. Now I'm using a different method. I miss the BlackBerry Photo lock screen

Posted via the Android Central App
    Fingerprint opens my Motorola Droid Z Force to the swipe up screen. Stupid.
    12-06-2016 07:46 AM
    My S7 requires me to swipe before I can enter my pattern to unlock. I just want to turn on the screen and use the pattern like I did on my S4.

Read some older post saying to turn off smart lock, but I have none of those turned on.
    You have to go into security settings and then into secure lock settings and change secure lock time to "Instantly with the power key or screen timeout" once you do that you'll just have to use fingerprint to unlock screen, no more swipe. I just had to redo it on my s7 edge because I got a warranty replacement and had forgotten how to do it for a minute. Hope this helps if you haven't figured it out by now on your own.
    12-06-2016 08:29 PM
    I can't even use fingerprint to get around this. I put my fingerprint in and it does directly to swipe. Same with when I try and double twist my phone to go to camera... it takes me to the swipe screen. I have that bloody swipe to unlock screen!
    12-07-2016 03:04 PM
    Try turning off trusted devices. Having this option on allows Bluetooth devices to unlock your phone for you or adds the swipe option like it did for me.
    12-13-2016 10:21 AM
    Not sure if this might help, but the ZCamera app when disabled seems to get rid of the Swipe to Unlock screen on my HTC 10...it was bugging me too...i disabled this app and it hasn't shown up again so far for me
    12-26-2016 11:37 PM
    Try turning off trusted devices. Having this option on allows Bluetooth devices to unlock your phone for you or adds the swipe option like it did for me.
    Exactly. Unlocking the phone all the time is not very convenient, thats why there is Smart lock, based on location, trusted devices, voice and on body detection. In order to unlock with fingerprint or some other method without swiping befote you have to disable all of the Smart lock functions.
    01-01-2017 11:09 AM
    I also experienced this problem but succeeded in sorting it out. ha had my Bluetooth enabled and my headphones were added as Trusted Device and connected to the phone. This Trusted Device was actually unlocking the phone. Check details in Smart Lock option. Nothing wrong with phone or operating system; in fact it's an amazing feature.
    04-17-2017 05:13 AM
    Funny. I went searching for this for my new S8 to turn off swipe and found my own posts from a year ago. Problem is I did get rid of the swipe screen after this thread but I don't remember how.
    04-20-2017 10:00 AM
44 12