How do I disable swipe to unlock when I have pattern unlock?

A

AC Question

My S7 requires me to swipe before I can enter my pattern to unlock. I just want to turn on the screen and use the pattern like I did on my S4.

Read some older post saying to turn off smart lock, but I have none of those turned on.

Voltaire585

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
My S7 requires me to swipe before I can enter my pattern to unlock. I just want to turn on the screen and use the pattern like I did on my S4.

Read some older post saying to turn off smart lock, but I have none of those turned on.

Exactly and wtf. So far the s7 seems like a downgrade to my s6. Now i have to do 3 things to get into my phone. Where do coders get these great ideas from.

Come on samsung

JS_racer

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
is it because of screen notifications on the lock screen ??
like messages or emails, or anything ?? they have to have a screen to go to

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Why not just use the fingerprint scanner? Just place your finger on the home button and bam...you are in with no swipe required. Easy peasy.

Additionally you could also set up a trusted device or trusted location to keep it unlocked in certain places or situations.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Please explain the first part. People with pay programs probably can't do the second part. I already have fingerprint set up. That doesn't unlock an option to turn odd swipe.

Why not just use the fingerprint scanner? Just place your finger on the home button and bam...you are in with no swipe required. Easy peasy.

Additionally you could also set up a trusted device or trusted location to keep it unlocked in certain places or situations.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Please explain the first part. People with pay programs probably can't do the second part. I already have fingerprint set up. That doesn't unlock an option to turn odd swipe.

I just posted this in the other thread....

Minor apology... I tried it again...Mine STILL goes to Swipe screen no matter what but now I can do the fingerprint instead of swiping (ignoring the command to swipe) and it opens. I can live with this. TY.

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
This is how the lockscreen works on stock Android since 5.0. I happen to prefer it, so to each their own.

But it's not a Samsung thing, it's a Google thing

Posted via the Android Central App

bostitch11

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
no, this is not how it worked. i just "upgraded" from 5.1.1 and when i turned on my phone it would have the lock patter right there, ready to go and unlock my phone. i still had notifications there, and if i wanted more details of my notifications i could just swipe down to expand it. so much better then this [language redacted by Mod] 2-step unlock process.

Last edited by a moderator:

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
no, this is not how it worked. i just "upgraded" from 5.1.1 and when i turned on my phone it would have the lock patter right there, ready to go and unlock my phone. i still had notifications there, and if i wanted more details of my notifications i could just swipe down to expand it. so much better then this [language redacted by Mod] 2-step unlock process.
I agree with you 100%.
My s6 would go straight to the lock pattern when I turned it on. S7 you have to swipe just to get to the lock pattern then enter lock pattern . 2 steps to unlock phone instead of one. I know you can use fingerprint to get around this . But I don't want to use fingerprint and I'm sure there are others that don't like using fingerprint either.
Anyway I hope they fix this in a future update.

Tomnician

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
This additional layer has mad me the most angry I have ever been with android/samsung. I cannot even get into my phone without a irrational rage of frustration.

If I have to use 2 steps to get into my phone just so I can see one extra notification, it's not worth it.

MisterEd51

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I use Fingerprint Unlock with my phone. By default it requires a 2nd step to unlock the phone. After I changed the "Secured lock time" to "Instantly with the power key or..." I no longer have to also do the finger swipe.

Does that work with the Pattern Unlock also? Maybe someone can try it.

ap70

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Samsung is dumb.
Why I need two screens to unlock my phone?
Finger print does not work properly, constantly unsucessful and even by that my phone unlocks.

Common Dambsung.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Samsung is dumb.
Why I need two screens to unlock my phone?
Finger print does not work properly, constantly unsucessful and even by that my phone unlocks.

Common Dambsung.

If fingerprint is setup correctly it will work everytime.
When setting up fingerprints, place your thumb or finger on the button in different positions until you reach 100%.
You can repeat the process with fingerprint 2, 3 and 4.
I have three different fingers setup and it opens every time.

Fernando XD

May 4, 2016
Visit site

I have fingerprint and still i gotta swie before i use fingetprint

Michael Adams17

May 13, 2016
Visit site
This additional layer has mad me the most angry I have ever been with android/samsung. I cannot even get into my phone without a irrational rage of frustration.

If I have to use 2 steps to get into my phone just so I can see one extra notification, it's not worth it.

Haha..I find it so funny how humans think sometimes. 1 extra step makes us want to kill people and throw our amazing inventions in the garbage. Imagine if Internet and phones didn't exist. How many steps then to do stuff? That being said, I came here because this extra swipe feature makes me angry also. POS S6

ccraigh

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. Setting the "Secured lock time" to "Instantly..." is the only thing of all the posts that directly unlocks the S7 -- no swipe required. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463