Galaxy S7 Facebook won't sync to contacts

A

AC Question

Just got the Galaxy S7. Everything seems to be wonderful about it so far. However Facebook won't sync to contacts so it doesn't show the picture of all of my contacts that I have linked to Facebook. When I go to the my accounts setting and go to Facebook, the button for sync all is greyed out. Also my account shows as sync turned off even though it's on when you go to general sync settings. Anyone have a work around for this?

I've tried force stopping and clearing the data and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing works. Not the end of the world, just something I'm trying to fix.

Base_UK

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I hadn't realised that until now either! I've come over from using an HTC, think sense for Facebook allowed the pixie syncing to still happen there

Posted via the Android Central App

jilltrip88

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I tried that app and I was only able to get a handful of contacts to sync up. Any tips to get them all? I even did searches and nothing. I just switched over from an HTC and it's driving me nuts not to have the FB pictures. Thanks!

dkst0426

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I tried that app and I was only able to get a handful of contacts to sync up. Any tips to get them all? I even did searches and nothing. I just switched over from an HTC and it's driving me nuts not to have the FB pictures. Thanks!
Run the default sync. That'll match up the ones whose names match up with Facebook profiles (note: if I have a William saved in my contacts but he goes by Bill/Will/Willy/etc. on Facebook, it doesn't always catch them). The app will ask you for some matches to click on if it "thinks" it has a match but doesn't necessarily have the FB profile to match it too.

You can still click on any contact in Sync.me and click on whichever social network icon to match them up manually. Once you do it the first time, it'll include that contact in the auto-syncs in future.

doberman1418

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I am running an old version of facebook on my phone in order to fix this. Uninstall Facebook from your phone and google 29.0.0.23.13 for the .apk file. Install that file to your phone, then you will be able to sync your contacts. Make sure to disable automatic updates for facebook in the play store or it will just update to the latest version and you will lose contact syncing again.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I've seen 2 people make a certain error when moving to Marshmallow phones. The 1st time you open an app it asks if you want to grant it certain permissions. If you didn't grant it permission to read contacts the 1st time you opened FB it won't do so until you go into Settings>Applications>Application Manager>Facebook>Permissions and then enable the permissions you want it to have.

wi74rd

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
Czesc. Sciagnij sobie stara wersje fb na telefon pozniej synchronizuj kontakty a na koniec zaktualizuj fb w telefonie i bedzie dzialac.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Czesc. Sciagnij sobie stara wersje fb na telefon pozniej synchronizuj kontakty a na koniec zaktualizuj fb w telefonie i bedzie dzialac.

Welcome to Android Central! I took the liberty of translating from Polish to English: "Hey. Please download a version of the old fb on the phone later synchronize contacts and finally update fb on the phone and will operate."

Graham57

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Facebook actually took that ability away some time last year, for unclear reasons: https://m.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=1028796497164750

You might have some success with Sync.ME.

I think this was the worse thing they could do. I tried sync me. Doesn't do what I hoped. I tried uninstall ingredients and download the thing from Google but I was forced to update facebook which removed the download. Very disappointed. I hate facebook.

Graham57

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S7edge Facebook won't sync to contacts

I've tried everything. Sync me didn't work for me. I also tried uninstalling Facebook and installing 29.0.0.23.13 apk Facebook, wont let me install. I've always had problems with Facebook but this is truly aggravating. Just because they have problems with google is no reason to make it difficult for the rest of us.

theonecid

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

I've tried everything. Sync me didn't work for me. I also tried uninstalling Facebook and installing 29.0.0.23.13 apk Facebook, wont let me install. I've always had problems with Facebook but this is truly aggravating. Just because they have problems with google is no reason to make it difficult for the rest of us.

Why didn't Sync.ME work for you? You just sync with your Facebook and it pulls pictures from there to your contact app. It also does more than that such as provide you with call ID for callers that aren't in your contacts and stuff.

seanfromnola

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site

It's too bad what is happening here: by taking away this functionality, Facebook is encouraging people to keep an older version of their app that may contain vulnerabilities that will not be patched without updating the app. They need to make it easiest to do the right thing; give us back that functionality!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21