Contacts annoyance

nthnu

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Setting up a new phone and in an annoying contacts issue. Contacts have been cleared from the phone for everything and the contacts storage has been cleared as well. Gmail contacts are synced, but the phone is set to only display phone contacts.

When we go to create a new message and go to select a contact it displays a handful of contacts when there should be none.

Any ideas? Thanks

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Try linking the contacts. When viewing a contact, click "More" on the top right of the screen. Then click "Link contacts". Check all the contacts you want to link together. Done!

If you're not happy with the results, you can always unlink them. Go to More, the click "Manage linked contacts" and click on the red minus sign next to the contacts you want to unlink.

bbogert79

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Mine is doing the same thing! I have one contact showing for each person (no duplicates not merged) and when I go to send a text to someone and type their name, their number shows up 3-4 times in the contact list all as duplicates. I changed the contacts showing as Google only too and it's still doing it.

nthnu

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, we backed up our gmail contacts and deleted all the contacts that were showing. Reentered manually. So far so good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez