Android System using 30% battery

ajmatson

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
hmm no problems here & even better battery life with "Package Disabler Pro" <-- No root needed.

No crank down display brightness & disable GPS nonsense etc milking the battery.
The simple fix is disable bloat such as,
Facebook Junk
Drive
Gear VR Junk
Google play Movies etc google voice Junk
Knox Junk
S Voice
Samsung+
Basically the basic stupid bloat & your device will sleep deep

Would you mind sharing screenshots of what exactly you disabled for us?

sling1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Would you mind sharing screenshots of what exactly you disabled for us?
Some basics for those that don't know,
Google search bar widget - disable the Ok Google voice setting. So many place on home screen which is bad.
Settings / More Connection Settings / Nearby Device scanning - Off
Settings / Wifi / More / Advanced / Network Notification - Off

"Package Disabler Pro" Application - NO ROOT NEEDED!!
Disable KNOX etc with no trip device remains secure warranty in tact.
All Samsung users should have that app , sticky needed for it in every Samsung forum.

Disabled App Screenshots ,

Working apps in background & basic settings
3 Gmail accounts auto sync , Rain Alarm Pro app 2 hour sync , Weatherbug app 2 hour sync , GPS enabled , BT enabled , Hangouts enabled , Samsung pay active on home screen & lockscreen , LTE Service - VOLTE Disabled , Screen brightness 80% , Fingerprint scan enabled etc.
Just an everyday use device no major cripple going on.

Sleep trickle 1% loss every 3.5 hr

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160316-143331(1).jpg
    Screenshot_20160316-143331(1).jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20160316-143347.jpg
    Screenshot_20160316-143347.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20160316-143411.jpg
    Screenshot_20160316-143411.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited by a moderator:
May 7, 2010
Visit site
Some basics for those that don't know,
Google search bar widget - disable the Ok Google voice setting. So many place on home screen which is bad.
Settings / More Connection Settings / Nearby Device scanning - Off
Settings / Wifi / More / Advanced / Network Notification - Off

"Package Disabler Pro" Application - NO ROOT NEEDED!!
Disable KNOX etc with no trip device remains secure warranty in tact.
All Samsung users should have that app , sticky needed for it in every Samsung forum.

Thanks so much for this app. I'm trying it now and it looks like it's disabling all these apps. Hoping it works. Looks like it's root without all the effort of root!! We'll see if it translates into battery savings.

sling1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much for this app. I'm trying it now and it looks like it's disabling all these apps. Hoping it works. Looks like it's root without all the effort of root!! We'll see if it translates into battery savings.
It will work my friend , You will be getting some good savings with knox disabled + others.
Also if lockscreen protection is in use - code or fingerprint disable the "Trusted Places" setting.
batt saving there & also thinking that setting enabled may be the Blackscreen culprit some have experienced

May 7, 2010
Visit site
It will work my friend , You will be getting some good savings with knox disabled + others.
Also if lockscreen protection is in use - code or fingerprint sensor disable the "Trusted Places" setting.

I was just excited to disable KNOX!!! it said it was using 10% of my battery!!! and I couldn't disable it, i was not happy...

sling1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Right on my KNOX was eating 6% with some of the others at 1% - 2%.
Samsung S7 is strong device excellent hardware , without the junk bloat its a beast.
They need to change their ways go pure google as much as possible

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
49% of my battery is getting eaten up by Android System and Android OS. I've downloaded the package disabler pro, cleared my cache and I'm still having problems. My phone is getting so hot that it makes my hand sweat through the case while I'm on calls

Edit: I also notice that it takes forever for me to download any updates or apps even thought I have a 35+ Mbps connection.

seb1509

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

Quick question do you have the US version with SD820 or the exynos version? Also... does android system show up draining 20%+ on your battery stats? I have the s7 I am getting very decent battery life but the android os is draining 20%+ off my battery. I did most of your recommendations but I have not disabled knox. I am trying to figure out if Know and Gear VR are the problem or not!

If anyone else reads this and does not have the android system battery drain problem please reply to this.

I have been doing research and reading different forums trying to figure out what is happening. And it seems like the exynos does not have the android os problem.

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site
49% of my battery is getting eaten up by Android System and Android OS. I've downloaded the package disabler pro, cleared my cache and I'm still having problems. My phone is getting so hot that it makes my hand sweat through the case while I'm on calls

Edit: I also notice that it takes forever for me to download any updates or apps even thought I have a 35+ Mbps connection.
I've noticed the last part about this downloads as well

sling1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

I would hard reset run stock for a day , If the hot makes your hand sweat returns it may be time for replacement.
If it runs cool like should install Package disabler & disable the basics no deep system packets

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Perhaps this has something to do with the doze features if marshmallow or the app optimization features. Just a thought?

Posted via the Android Central App

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
BEFORE (With AOD ON, WIFI ON)
View attachment 220640
AFTER (With AOD Off, Wifi Off)
View attachment 220641

3.5% battery drop per hour Vs. 0.37% drop per hour
turning aod & wifi off definitely "fixed" the problem.
I experiment try twice more with just aod or just wifi off to see which one is the real cause..

Guys just letting you know I have been through all this with the S6. WiFi was the culprit for the S6, and I just chose the setting 'WiFi off with screen is off unless plugged in' that fixed most my issues.

A few more annoying things I had to do was turn location, Bluetooth, nfc all off, until I needed them.

dreaming of electric sheep

sling1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Updated screen shots 22 1/2 hours 80% battery remaining , SOT little over an hour with Android System info

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160316-175020.jpg
    Screenshot_20160316-175020.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20160316-175029.jpg
    Screenshot_20160316-175029.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20160316-175038.jpg
    Screenshot_20160316-175038.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20160316-175049.jpg
    Screenshot_20160316-175049.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 58

allensize04

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Somebody on a another topic said to turn off global and set your mobile network to CDMA I am assuming GSM if your carrier uses it. I haven't tried it yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

unclerobmac

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I have the HTC One M8. Just updated to Marshmallow. I have used two battery apps Deep Sleep Battery Saver Pro and recently switched to Greenify. With M having the new DOZE feature, Greenify has in settings Agressive Doze. So far really works great. The BIG users are wifi, bluetooth and app updates/syncing. Most notorious is your push email app and Facebook, they use huge amounts of battery to keep updated. Deep Sleep will turn off things and only check sync a set amount thats adjustable. REALLY reduced battery drain in Android L. With the switch to Android M, Greenify and new built in DOZE has been even better.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the HTC One M8. Just updated to Marshmallow. I have used two battery apps Deep Sleep Battery Saver Pro and recently switched to Greenify. With M having the new DOZE feature, Greenify has in settings Agressive Doze. So far really works great. The BIG users are wifi, bluetooth and app updates/syncing. Most notorious is your push email app and Facebook, they use huge amounts of battery to keep updated. Deep Sleep will turn off things and only check sync a set amount thats adjustable. REALLY reduced battery drain in Android L. With the switch to Android M, Greenify and new built in DOZE has been even better.

Unfortunately, these are the steps you need to take for brilliant battery life.

dreaming of electric sheep

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Here's my battery usage. Seems OK to me. Others may disagree.

OK didn't load up the other pictures. Ignore.

Posted via the Android Central App on a kicking Samsung Galaxy S7

Attachments

• 4260.jpg
    4260.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 246

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Damn. That sucks.

Mine only drops about 1% an hour over night.

Overall I've been pretty happy with my battery life.
Just giving an update, after disabling wifi during sleep, a few more bloat apps, and always on display i only lost 4% battery last night during sleep. Wayyy better than the 16% I was getting before the tweaks.
mumble, grumble. :s That's disappointing.

I suspect that you have a wakelock somewhere, because your WiFi is on 100% of the time on the GSAM shot and the stats show that the device is active for 3 hr 12 minutes out of 5 hr 47 minutes but the screen was only on for 1 hr 12 minutes. So that two hours could perhaps account for streaming pandora with the screen off, but if that's not the case then that's where I'm suspecting a wakelock.

Your stats are trending for 3 hours SOT out of 14 hours total usage compared to another user who is trending for 5 hours of SOT over a 24 hour period - so there's definitely room for improvement, we just can't do an apples to apples and say that 5 hours over 24 hours is the goal, because it might be too aggressive or not aggressive enough.