Application not installed

Brad Hiquet

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I recently upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S7. I have been trying to install a one touch phone dialed application. I have tried Speed Dial and Direct Dial/SMS. Both were purchased, downloaded and installed. Both allow me to create home screen icons for placing one touch calls. However, when I try to place a call I get the message "Application not installed." The applications show in my apps listing and according to the Google Play store, are installed. What would cause the S7 to issue the message "Application not install" when it is installed. Additional information, I do NOT have and SD card so the app is installed on the S7 internal memory. I have restarted the phone to eliminate boot issues as a possible cause. Seeking guidance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Let me ask this first--is there a Direct Dial widget available in the widgets list? It should be standard on any Android device, and allows you to create a widget on the homescreen that will dial that contact with one touch. That way, you wouldn't need that 3rd party app.

Brad Hiquet

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
B. Diddy. No I do not seem to have a default app for Direct Dial. That is why I was attempting to use a third party app. Seeking advice specifically to why an app that is installed, shows a widget, would then not run when clicked on. So far I'm a bit disappointed with the phone features of the S7.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It appears as though the Contacs app can't 'see' the Phone application...

My suspicion is that if the Contacts app can't see the stock dialer, it won't be able to see ANY dialer since they'd all register with the same functional role. Which is really odd to be honest. I am going to look into it a bit and if I find anything, I'll let you know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance