SMS message notifications not displayed on lock screen

oceanclub

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I've missed a few SMS messages lately as unless I unlock and check my phone, I didn't notice I have them.
In "Lock Screen and Security > Notifications on Lock Screen", I've set Messages to on.

Also went to "Settings > Notifications > Advanced > Messages" and set the following options:

• Allow notifications: On
  • Set as priority: On
  • Preview in pop-ups: On
  • Hide on Lock screen: Off
  • Hide content on lock screen: Off
  • Preview message: On

Yet they don't appear on my screen.

Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks,

P.

Last edited:

zmedhaug

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I've missed a few SMS messages lately as unless I unlock and check my phone, I didn't notice I have them.
In "Lock Screen and Security > Notifications on Lock Screen", I've set Messages to on.

Also went to "Settings > Notifications > Advanced > Messages" and set the following options:

• Allow notifications: On
  • Set as priority: On
  • Preview in pop-ups: On
  • Hide on Lock screen: Off
  • Hide content on lock screen: Off
  • Preview message: On

Yet they don't appear on my screen.

Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks,

P.

I had the same problem. Do you have it set to Do Not Disturb?
Are you using a messaging app with a red message icon called Verizon Message+ ? If you are you need to turn off pop up on lock screen

OldSalty

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I have the same settings. Thinking of testing phone to factory settings to see if that fixes it. Did you ever get it resolved?

Agencoglu

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I have the same settings. Thinking of testing phone to factory settings to see if that fixes it. Did you ever get it resolved?

I had the same issue, and I found the problem was in a different place for me. Go to your Messages app, and look at the numbers whose SMSs you missed. In my case, there was a mute icon. You can tap on the messages from specific people and turn notifications for messages from that person only on and off. You open the conversation with the person, there should be a down arrow at the top next to the name and number. That opens the conversation settings and you can toggle notifications from just that conversation.

Doogster21

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
Recently solved this. On my droid, at least, there are 3 dots in the upper-right corner of the Message+ home screen (where all of your recent text recipients are listed). Within those dots is a "customize" option. There are some settings there, but the final solution is not there. There are also three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner. That's where you finish completing your popup/lock screen settings.

dsbowes

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
Recently solved this. On my droid, at least, there are 3 dots in the upper-right corner of the Message+ home screen (where all of your recent text recipients are listed). Within those dots is a "customize" option. There are some settings there, but the final solution is not there. There are also three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner. That's where you finish completing your popup/lock screen settings.

dsbowes

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
OMG, thank you! I would never have found that!!! I tapped under the persons name after I opened up their thread and it brought up the details of the text and at the bottom it showed that it was muted. I looked at everyone else's texts & theirs said mobile not mute. So happy now because I changed every other setting but it still wasn't notifing me of the new texts...;-)