Problems with Samsung Galaxy 7 and Windows 10 communicating, how can I get it to work?

SuzanneLanoue

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Problems with Samsung Galaxy 7 and Windows 10 communicating

I just got the new Galaxy 7. I had the Galaxy 5 before. I plugged the phone into my laptop so I could transfer some files. They don't seem to recognize each other at all. By that I mean that no usb sign shows up on the phone and when I open windows explorer on Windows 10, the phone is not listed there. Also, normally if I plug a phone or anything else into the laptop, it recognizes it and brings up a window or something that asks me what I want to do. That didn't happen. I tried unplugging it many times and plugging it in again, and I rebooted the laptop twice. I changed to another cable and that didn't help. Yet, the phone IS charging so I don't think it's the cable. I did find a way to send my recording files via Wifi because this particular app lets you do that. But I still would like to know how to transfer photos etc. the other way.

Anyone know how I can get this to work?

Thanks,

Suzanne

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you swipe down the notification panel to see if there is a USB connection icon you can tap there? Sometimes it doesn't show up in the status bar alone.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Problems with Samsung Galaxy 7 and Windows 10 communicating

As b Diddy said swipe down after you connect it and you'll have like 4 or five options.

SuzanneLanoue

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, you guys! That worked. I went to the Verizon store earlier today and the only thing they could figure out is that it's a glitch and that Samsung is working on a fix for it...D'oh!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Problems with Samsung Galaxy 7 and Windows 10 communicating

The first time you plug it into a pc, you should have seen this message.

uploadfromtaptalk1458146373099.jpg

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That message only comes on the very first time you plug into the computer. You can verify by doing a factory data reset if you wanted to but it would be pointless. I wouldn't worry unless you are having problems

Chris Salmon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I had to change the preference from transfer media files to transfer images, then Windows 10 recognized it.
Windows 10 will show it as a camera; thus if you are syncing from Windows Media player, you will not be able to do that.
You can, however, manually copy your music and other files to it.
It also recognized my MicroSD if inserted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2