Conserving Mobile Data, Any Ideas?

Wasp25

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Conserving Mobile Data

I recently upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S7. I love it but one of the problems I have is Andriod OS uses lots of data. I have switched background app refresh off for all apps except Facebook, E-Mail and WhatsApp. I have set everything to upload/sync etc over Wi-Fi however I still seem to be using loads of data. I am with Tesco and when I spoke to them they basically advised keeping my data turned off at all times, this isn't really a great solution since I use my phone everyday and I am not at home most of the day.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Wasp25

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Conserving Mobile Data

Hiya,

Thanks for the reply. Where is the option for that?
I am unable to do it under settings <data usage <background data. There isn't an option for andriod os.

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Interesting, I guess you can't for android os. When I was traveling on a limited data plan, I set all data to be restricted in the background. But if you want certain exclusions, then I am not sure

Wasp25

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site

I had it all restricted for a day and Android os still used background data. I'm assuming it can't be turned off. I'll just need to keep an eye on it.v

Wasp25

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site

I never said I didn't want to use any data. I said I wanted to conserve my data.

JS_racer

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

I never said I didn't want to use any data. I said I wanted to conserve my data.

got ya, no worries, please post back if you find something, could help others also
thanks!!

could be great to know for traveling or something also.

BigwhiteUK

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

how long have you had the phone? When I first got my Note 4, my first Samsung device, my data use was high! However after a week it began to settle down. I only have 2 gig of free monthly data and use less than 1 gig now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech