POP3 outgoing email problem, can I get some help with it?

Dennis Trump

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
POP3 outgoing email problem

I upgraded from my Samsung Galaxy S5 to the new Samsung Galaxy S7. I have set up my Gmail account but I encounter a problem when setting up my company email account. I am able to receive mail fine but the outgoing server seems to be having issues. I copied setting exactly from my S5 but my S7 keeps dropping my login information. I am using POP3 and my ISP requires authentication by using my login address which is user@mydomain.com but after typing that into the user name sending fails. When I go back the user name is truncated to "mail" instead of "mail@mydomain.com." Any idea of why that happens.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: POP3 outgoing email problem

Welcome to Android Central! First, does your work email have an IMAP server? If so, use that instead. But if it's only POP3, then are you talking about entering your login email address in the email account's outgoing server settings (and that's where the name gets truncated)? Are you also entering your password there? One common error is omitting one or both, since it usually says "Optional" in those fields. In my experience, it's never optional.:-\

Dennis Trump

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I was finally able to resolve this issue by deleting the email account completely and starting over from scratch. Once I did that I had the option to log into the server using my complete email address.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty