Google Play

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you are playing music or video directly from Play Movies or Play Music while online, it is temporarily stored in a cache folder for each app (and automatically flushes when reaching a certain file size limit or time). If you 'download' a file for offline use, then it's still a folder for each app, but it will let you choose if the folder is kept in internal memory or in SD card if your phone supports it.

browski85

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I downloaded a movie in google play but it never gave me any option where to store it. I can't find it in the folders either. I was able to access it offline so I know its downloaded.

I downloaded a file manager, but the file manager shows that there are no movies.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It is in a proprietary format. You won't be able to move it. Well you can, but you won't be able to use it for anything else.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
All files downloaded directly from the Music and Movies app for offline use are encrypted and can only be used inside said apps. You can browse for the files but they won't be an MP3 or MP4/MOV/AVI file. For Movies, there's no going around that. For Music, however, you can download music you own (not streaming ones if you have an All Access/YouTube Red subscription) on your computer in MP3 format and then copy that over to your device (also works directly on your device if you use the Music web page, not the app).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol