S7 Memory Card Notification?

BassSoLow

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Just put a 64GB Micro SD card in my S7. The phone keeps showing the Memory Card icon at the very top left of the screen and when you use the pull down menu from the top there is a notification that can be swiped away saying a memory card is installed for pics and videos. When swiped away it all goes away, but then keeps coming back every q5 to 20 minutes. I don't really need a notification that I installed a memory card all the time. Any way to shut this off? Thanks!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Long press the notification then it should tell you which app the notification is from. Use package disabler to disable it. Keep in mind though that if it is a system app then the system might not work right if disabled

BassSoLow

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Long press the notification then it should tell you which app the notification is from. Use package disabler to disable it. Keep in mind though that if it is a system app then the system might not work right if disabled

So I long pressed and and it is the android system showing the notification. There was an option to disable all notifications for three system, but I am not sure that's worth it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You need to download package disabler from the play store, then disable the specific app listed there.

Punyawee Werasopon

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm using SanDisk 32Gb Extreme U3 with my S7 (exynos version in SE asia). It works well with S7. In some forums, they mentioned that this issue with occur with the using of the wireless charger. For me, I haven't tried. I will get the wireless charger next month and will share the experience later.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if it's the same notification but I only got it temporarily after applying the AT&T security patch. I swiped it away several times then it stopped. I have the 200GB SanDisk microsd card.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital