Which would YOU choose? Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge?

Which would YOU choose? Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge?

• Total voters

clborden

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I got the Edge and I love this thing, but I have to be honest. I have a hard time holding it and using it with one hand. I've been considering swapping it out for a standard S7. The thing is, I don't get great battery life now (17h usage, 2h15m SOT, 4h SiriusXM @ 6%), so I could imagine if I downgraded the battery. I think I have until 4/12 to decide...Any thoughts?

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I had the edge and went back in and said I wanted the s7. I was just under my two weeks. Honestly I didn't use the edge screen and I was more nervous about the lack of screen protectors and cases... my friend had hers and I warned her to get a case... and she got one and her screen still cracked. So she went in and got the 7 thankfully- after playing with mine first

Posted via the Android Central App

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I got both, but most likely will return the S7 Edge. I have Nova Prime Launcher on both, makes the edge features completely useless and redundant. The shortcuts also make the edge a hassle to achieve the same things.

djdonnyk

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
S7 because of the fit, feel and finish. The edge to me just doesn't fit in my pocket well. I've always liked the display size of around 5 inch.

Sent from a device beyond your wildest dreams!

Rick Jacobs

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Just replaced my Moto X(2014) with a S7, cannot think of a reason why I chose the S7 over the S7 Edge. Both are fast, both have a great cameras and either screen size would work for me.

blackburn5bw

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Currently using an unlocked S6EdgePlus... really don't know wot to do..... tired of the size of phablets........ tho the s7 edge is a little smaller.... I'd go with s7 however it's the battery that concerns me.... if I upgrade I won't generally go with the same or smaller battery... wot are your thoughts

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Currently using an unlocked S6EdgePlus... really don't know wot to do..... tired of the size of phablets........ tho the s7 edge is a little smaller.... I'd go with s7 however it's the battery that concerns me.... if I upgrade I won't generally go with the same or smaller battery... wot are your thoughts

dont forget that smaller battery respectively is powering a smaller screen so it's perfect. I get 1 day of heavy usage or 2 days of light usage with the battery.

I hate phablets. Have used the S6 edge+ and BlackBerry Priv, never buying a big phone which makes me feel like I am holding slippers in my hand when I am on a call. small power phones FTW

blackburn5bw

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes I'm aware of that.....
So your very happy with your choice?
Really am tired of the larger phones now..... taking out of your pocket and shuffling it in your hand into place is always awkward... my hands are fairly small I'd say.... your input is appreciated

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Yes I'm aware of that.....
So your very happy with your choice?
Really am tired of the larger phones now..... taking out of your pocket and shuffling it in your hand into place is always awkward... my hands are fairly small I'd say.... your input is appreciated

the moment I held the S7 in my hand, I remembered the old days when I got my Galaxy S3, small and powerful mobile phone. With the S6 edge, it had a slightly better camera than the smaller phones but now the S7 / S7 edge share the same camera and features you don't need to think twice. the ability to use the phone with 1 hand is awesome. It's a phone now, not a mini iPad :)

anon(9163873)

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I would personally choose to buy the "normal" S7 version because its the one that would suite me better since I don't like very large phones. To me 5.5 is already stretching and as I have a relatively small hand I prefer smaller sized phones (and my pockets agree!). If something would make me change that opinion would be the extra battery capacity present in the Edge version but I think I wouldn't bother too much about that.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bram Frank

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I went from an S5 to a Nexus 6P which had Bluetooth issues interfacing with my vehicle, so my carrier swapped it out for me for an S7. I like that it is the same size as my S5 - I'd gotten used to the form factor and hadn't acclimated to the 6P yet (note that aside from the issue, I'd have been perfectly happy to stick with the 6P, even though it doesn't have image stabilisation - it DOES have the universal radio (I travel).

I would not have paid the extra money to go to the edge, but for the fact that the battery is bigger.

I find that even though the reviewers seem to think the S7 has a big enough battery, I don't. Perhaps when I win the S7 giveaway I will find out, because I would choose the edge. Until then, the base model is fine.

I DO have concerns about constantly tripping the edge widgets by accident . . . . of course when I win and if I don't like it I'll be able to go back to my S7 . . . . .

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a 6P I am selling due to Bluetooth issues in my car. I have the S7 and I am very happy with it.
Never buying anything that comes from Huawei again. Sold my 6P as it had a horrible touch screen keyboard. And I even tries others like swift key but the other kept
Missing the space key so my sentences always appeared as on long sentence with no spacing and it's size was too big for my liking

2ndHalfCor

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I had the Note 5. Great phone, but I ended up leaving it in the car because it was too awkward to carry. I almost went to an iPhone SE (I have an iPhone 5s that I've always liked). But I got the regular S7 instead. So far, very happy with it. Much more than I expected. Just about perfect size I think.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I had the Note 5. Great phone, but I ended up leaving it in the car because it was too awkward to carry. I almost went to an iPhone SE (I have an iPhone 5s that I've always liked). But I got the regular S7 instead. So far, very happy with it. Much more than I expected. Just about perfect size I think.

yeah I was so close to get the iPhone SE but didn't because of its 1MP front camera. Not that I use it a lot but I feel that's too low of a camera at this day and age so I went with the S7 and couldn't be happier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37