Which would YOU choose? Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge?

Which would YOU choose? Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge?

• Total voters

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Because I know I'm going to pick up a Galaxy S7 or S7 edge one of these days, I have to ask... If you had to choose one if your life depended on it, which one would you choose?

Trying to weigh all the pros and cons over here, so tell me what you think, and do vote in the poll above... sound off!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

tbzep

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Upgraded from S4 to S7 this week. Edge is cool, but I need a highly protective case which would defeat the purpose of the edge features.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
The S7. The edge was too hard for my hand to use and hold. Plus I kept sliding in apps from the edge when I didn't want too. Also not really a fan of things bending and distorting on the edges.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Went and checked both out at Best Buy, discovered physically the S7 is smaller than the S5 which I currently use. The Edge was slightly bigger, kind of leads me towards the Edge next month when I am upgrade eligible.

RFclipse

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Went and checked both out at Best Buy, discovered physically the S7 is smaller than the S5 which I currently use. The Edge was slightly bigger, kind of leads me towards the Edge next month when I am upgrade eligible.

The S7 is slightly narrower than the S5, however the screen size (5.1") is the same. The S7 just makes slightly more efficient use of the real estate. You'll notice a thicker black border around the screen on the S5.

umair07

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm going with S7. S7 edge is a bit too big. Also, it felt slippery in hand. The side bezels are very thin and do not provide a very good grip. Though it looks more beautiful, but I feel I'm gonna slip it out of my hand :D

caveman84

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I got the s7, definitely like the smaller size of it. Keep in mind that while naked s7 edge may not feel that much bigger, but once you slap a case on it, which 80% of users will, it will be even bigger and unwieldy

Galagian

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
My wife and I got the S7 (T-Mobile B1G1!) because the Edge becomes nigh pointless with a case. Prince played a tiny factor into it.

I'm very, very satisfied with my phone.

anon(7775)

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I got the S7 (T-Mobile B1G1!) because the Edge becomes nigh pointless with a case. Prince played a tiny factor into it.

I'm very, very satisfied with my phone.

wow how lucky can you be,having one of the greatest musicians of all time talk you into buying a cell phone.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I got the regular S7. I came from a Note 5. A lot of Note 5 users on the Note forum are buying the Edge because it has SD card and bigger battery than the Note 5 but they don't make good cases to protect the edge screen and the phone looked too narrow for me. If I wanted teh Edge I would have just kept the note 5. I will say the S7 seems snappier and a bit quicker than the Note 5.

FredW3

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I was set to get myself an edge and my wife the S7 under the at&t B1G1 program, but the store was out of the Edge. I ended up with 2 S7s after seeing there wasn't that much difference in usable screen real estate. I am happy with it.

Chris Bastrup

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I'll choose the S7, cuz the smaller screen and therfore the smaller all in all size.

I'm not fan of big fones, you have the tablets for big size screens :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670