I'm having some issue and would love some help.

D3RP

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
In no order other than when they come to me as I type them;
I can only receive texts if I text them, e.g; they send me a text, I can't see it until I message them, then it comes through.
The notification center pull down-thing, just won't stay down sometimes, I pull it down and it immediately goes up.
There is no way to disable said, pull down-thing, on the lock screen which is rather annoying.
I've not yet found a way to keep music in the pull down-thing, if I want to play something I have to go into the music app and find a song.
There seems to be ads in almost everything, which may just be an Android thing, but needless to say, it's annoying.
Feel free to answer anything, or nothing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I can only receive texts if I text them, e.g; they send me a text, I can't see it until I message them, then it comes through.

No idea on what this is unless you just came to the S7 from an iPhone. If that's the case, this could be an iMessage bug.

There seems to be ads in almost everything, which may just be an Android thing, but needless to say, it's annoying.

Can you give some examples here? Ads in almost everything is definitely not normal or an Android thing. My phone has ads in exactly nothing except for on websites that carry ads when using the mobile browser.

Randy 1

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Try reset on your phones clock.
Go in to set time, set the time and date wrong,yes wrong time and date.
Close the time menu leaving it set wrong.make sure that you turn off auto time /date setting

Now leave time /date setting go back to your home page
Now go back to time /date setting, manually set correct time and date, after you manually have set your corrected time and date scroll over to auto setting for time /date, turn it back on. Go back to your home page , now restart you're phone.
Doing this resets /reboot all the information that is in your phone so your programs software can communicate and understand the commands.
If this doesn't work you may have to do a hard reset. ..factory reset.
If you do reset be sure that what ever data and photos you want to keep are backed up. You should always back up everything anyway
Good Luck