Unreliable Gmail push during device sleep

sling1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
There are some reports of S7 having Nexus Gmail push bug & count me in.
When device sits idol for short time 70% of my emails are no longer received -pushed until device is waked.
Ive went through app sured up settings etc , disabled optimization of app & also doing factory reset finding no cure.

I contacted google ,they were unaware bug was present on GS7 hopefully fix comes soon.

tucker973

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Having this same problem - I first started noticing it on my S5, and was hoping it was an issue with my aging phone. I am really disappointed to see that this has persisted with the S7. This is a serious issue and I'm surprised it's not getting more attention. I've done the same as you - checked all settings, sync/battery/etc. In the morning I pretty much have to manually check my e-mail by forcing a refresh on the inbox.

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
It's a gmail issue. An update did this. Tons of people have the issue if you look at reviews on the play store

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Having this same problem - I first started noticing it on my S5, and was hoping it was an issue with my aging phone. I am really disappointed to see that this has persisted with the S7. This is a serious issue and I'm surprised it's not getting more attention. I've done the same as you - checked all settings, sync/battery/etc. In the morning I pretty much have to manually check my e-mail by forcing a refresh on the inbox.

i have an S5 and i am having this problem as well. It is disconcerting that it is also present on the S7

sling1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
For S7
Un-install Gmail March 1 update build , doing so rolls back to out of box build that provides a little better push so I've found the last couple days

Posted via the Android Central App

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
3 days ago I had to send an email to someone and I used my yahoo account through Gmail and it didn't send, I tried to send it again from my actual Gmail l email and it sent

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude