Wifi won't automatically connect to known network

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
My sister bought a new Galaxy S7 yesterday from At&t. She connected to her wifi at her house and saved the network. When she arrived home today, her phone didn't automatically connect. She had to manually go in and connect. I know my Note 4 will recognize the network and connect. Is there something she's doing wrong? Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest removing the network the connect back to it. Make sure the settings are saved and its set to automatically connect. A reboot of the router won't hurt either.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Where is the setting to automatically connect? I'm guessing that's the setting we're forgetting. Although I just "forgot" my network and re-added it, I didn't see an option to connect automatically.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
As funny as this sounds, I know there has been issues with WiFi and the Dunkin Donuts app. Ask her if she has it installed and if she does have her remove it and see if her problems are resolved.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I had her remove the network and connect again. Worked like a charm! Thanks for the suggestions!

einajr

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Thanks as well. Having a somewhat similar issue and was told I needed to factory reset. Was trying everything else and finally found this suggestion. Thanks again!

Ann Nna

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
My sister bought a new Galaxy S7 yesterday from At&t. She connected to her wifi at her house and saved the network. When she arrived home today, her phone didn't automatically connect. She had to manually go in and connect. I know my Note 4 will recognize the network and connect. Is there something she's doing wrong? Thanks.

I also have same issued,everytime I need put password of my wifi,i even restart router but even my problem is not solved,can somebody help me,i am using Samsung s7 edge

Last edited by a moderator:

Mi Do

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
I experience the same issue on various hardware platforms since android 6.
I suspect this is a delibratly introduced feature.:-[

Tim2790

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I'm experiencing this as well. My s7's screen has to be turned on first before it reconnects. What could be done to address this? I'm quite annoyed since my friend's oppo phone automatically reconnects.

SteveGinGTO

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
I just got a Galaxy A7, and it won't automatically stay connected, even when I am online and browsing. This is not good. I have rebooted the modem more than once. This doesn't help at all.

This has already cost me data costs on my phone plan.

Why the heck would they design it to notconnect and STAY connected? This is not cool.

Venus Selph

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
I just got a Galaxy A7, and it won't automatically stay connected, even when I am online and browsing. This is not good. I have rebooted the modem more than once. This doesn't help at all.

This has already cost me data costs on my phone plan.

Why the heck would they design it to notconnect and STAY connected? This is not cool.

I have a LG stylo 3 and my WIFI is doing the same. it says disabled I have to constantly monitor and turn it back on at home.

alexceltare2

Nov 20, 2017
Visit site
Yep, can confirm to have the same issue on my Galaxy S6 Duos. I'm looking into it as I think it's a feature which can be adjusted somewhere in build.prop or others.xml

alexceltare2

Nov 20, 2017
Visit site
Ok, I've finally figured, tested and confirmed that the following method works. You need to modify the /system/csc/others.xml file and add the following in the list of features:
Code:
<CscFeature_Wifi_SupportAutoReconnect>TRUE</CscFeature_Wifi_SupportAutoReconnect>
This is done by rooting, magisk or TWRP. Remember that this will void your warranty and potentially brick your phone if done incorrectly.

heyyyitskk

Feb 5, 2020
Visit site
Ok, I've finally figured, tested and confirmed that the following method works. You need to modify the /system/csc/others.xml file and add the following in the list of features:
Code:
<CscFeature_Wifi_SupportAutoReconnect>TRUE</CscFeature_Wifi_SupportAutoReconnect>
This is done by rooting, magisk or TWRP. Remember that this will void your warranty and potentially brick your phone if done incorrectly.

please can you explain how it is done?..i have a rooted galaxy j2 and i installed root explorer and pated the code in others.xml using the editor somewhere between but the problem of autoreconnect wasnt solved. please help with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888