Touch Screen Not Responsive

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the Samsung keyboard and so far, it seems to be better. However, I'm really missing swiftkey. The predictions on the Samsung keyboard seem really slow compared to swiftkey. I'm usually halfway through or finished with a word before it shows the predictions. It also doesn't always insert the prediction when I hit the spacebar. Sometimes, it will just enter the unfinished word instead of the word it's predicting. Hopefully swiftkey recognizes this issue and has a fix soon. The screen protector is probably part of the problem too, but because different keyboards work better than others, I have to believe it's mostly the keyboard

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
yeah I hope swiftkey (now Microsoft I guess) gets enough feedback to push an update, I primarily used swiftkey on my note 4 but on this phone it just isn't the same.

Posted via the Android Central App

PA452

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem with my S7. Frequently the space bar, comma, period, and backspace keys at the bottom of the keyboard are at first unresponsive. I end up hitting them several times or having to press harder to get them to register. I'm using the Swype keyboard.

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Bump. Is anyone else noticing this? I'm having a really tough time deciding if I should return my phone. I want to take my screen protector off and see if that is part of the cause, but I do not want to risk a scratched screen.

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
so I used to have a tempered glass and this was a real problem but today I took it off and it seems that there is still a delay. I use SwiftKey so I dunno how it is with a regular keyboard but I can't use anything else other than a SwiftKey anways. I really do think its a third party problem. but it's also interesting that only a few people talk about it. which makes me wonder if it's a issue with my phone only? did anyone switch out there phone and see if it got fixed? on SwiftKey my backspace key and space key is horrible.

PA452

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I still see the same problem, especially near the bottom of the screen with the space bar, comma, period, etc.. Also sometimes notice it at the top when pulling down the notification bar. It takes a couple tries sometimes.

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I used to only use swiftkey on my note 4 but when using the gs7 swiftkey just feels off especially with the space bar, I switched to the samsung keyboard and it's been perfect so I'm guessing it's a swiftkey problem

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I still see the same problem, especially near the bottom of the screen with the space bar, comma, period, etc.. Also sometimes notice it at the top when pulling down the notification bar. It takes a couple tries sometimes.

is this with a tempered glass? I had the same problem but I took it off and the drag from top to bottom and space bar seems to work great

BluePlate

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here! Hard to get the spacebar to register, hard to pull down the notification pane. Hard to hit some of the keyboard keys at the edges, but I think that's the screen protector halo. Not sure if the overall thickness of the screen protector (tempered glass, Zagg) would affect the screen in general, even where there's not a halo. Using Smart Keyboard Pro, but noticed the spacebar issue with the stock keyboard, too.

PA452

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
is this with a tempered glass? I had the same problem but I took it off and the drag from top to bottom and space bar seems to work great

Nope, I have the cheaper Verizon screen protectors on mine, no glass.

The salesman showed me the tempered glass screen protector on his phone and I didn't really care for it much. I was used to the Verizon screen protectors as I've used them on my last two phones, so I just went with those again.

I'm using the Swype keyboard. It's what I was used to on my S4. Didn't care for the stock Samsung keyboard, but I might give it a try just for experimental purposes to see if it's more responsive at the bottom of the screen. Being that I see the same issue with the notification pull-down though, I don't think it's the keyboard.

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
so my basic question is, is anybody using SwiftKey and is having no issues whatsoever hitting the backspace button. because on mine it fails to register sometimes without a screen protector

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I took my screen protector (zagg glass) off and all my touchscreen issues are gone. if you guys took your screen protectors off and are still having sensitivity issues maybe you should try to get it exchanged. I'm just going to go without a screen protector and try to be extra careful because the sensitivity of the screen with and without a screen protector is like night and day

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine is more than just the space and delete keys. I have a hard time with some of the letters as well. And sometimes, I hit a key and it registers, but there is no haptic feedback. This throws me off too and makes it feel like the keystroke wasn't registered.

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue. No screen protector and no case. There are other forums showing it and youtube videos showing the missed taps. Space bar. P. L. Backspace and . Are affected. Samsung doesnt seem like they want to acknowledge the issue. Already contacted them various times.

socrfan1

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I had a glass screen protector on my S7. I was having problems with the P and L keys. I purchased a new case which came with a tempered glass screen protector that unlike others covered the entire screen with no edges exposed. I thought great I'll switch them. Now, with the new protector the P and L keys work fine but the Q, A and caps key are less responsive. Annoying to say the least. The protector fits perfectly with no gaps or bubbles. In fact you really have to look hard to even see it's not the original screen. So, obviously, the add-on is the problem why it is has me baffled.

Rithynia

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Just got a new phone last week so I didn't have a chance to get screen protector or case nor download another keyboard and I had this issue. Downloaded Swype today and the issue was there still so I'm thinking it's a phone thing. All the keys near the edge have this problem. Most noticeable with keyboard but because I have chatheads enabled, I notice it on upper parts of the screen occasionally too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci