S7 alarm and timer issue - goes off, no sound

EyebeeNY

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Does everyone who is having the issue have any games by GameLoft installed. My problem started when I installed DragonML on my phone. Gonna delete it and see if that helps.

smlmedd

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Does everyone who is having the issue have any games by GameLoft installed. My problem started when I installed DragonML on my phone. Gonna delete it and see if that helps.
I have Real Racing 3 installed on my s7 edge. Got the same sound issue. But I no more use the game launcher & always close all background apps which seems to have solved the problem. Give it a try & let me know

EyebeeNY

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
I have Real Racing 3 installed on my s7 edge. Got the same sound issue. But I no more use the game launcher & always close all background apps which seems to have solved the problem. Give it a try & let me know

I deleted the Dragon game and also deleted my preexisting alarms and set them up again which stopped the problem, BUT... This morning, my alarm went off and something that happened previously happened again. A second after the alarm went off, it muted for a second or two and then started up again. I have the alarm volume set to increase gradually, so maybe that has something to do with the problem... I checked optimization but I don't see "clock" as one of the optimized apps... Guess it's not one of the apps that are being optimized, so I'm sticking with my GameLoft theory, until someone proves otherwise.

Cameron3

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I've noticed that sometimes when I talk on the phone, no notifications work after I hang up, including alarms. Traded my original S7 in because of this and the replacement does the same thing. I'm not using any new apps that weren't installed on my phone before this. Sometimes I can make a call and hang up to fix it; sometimes a reboot is required. If I try to play a notification by selecting it, it states unable to play while in a call, but I'm not on a call. It can happen whether I use bluetooth or not for the call. It's very random so it's hard to track down the cause.

Chris Kilts

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I luckily haven't had an issue with my alarms going off with no sound. I also wear my pebble while sleeping and it has a vibrate alarm. I hate being late to work.

Posted via the Android Central App

LLcdPH

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Still having this problem with my S7 Edge. Alarm sounds for a second and mutes. Doesn't matter if I'm using stock clock, Google clock or another third party. They'll work a couple times and then this problem occurs. Factory reset didn't help. Samsung's latest suggestion was to take it to the Samsung Experience at Best Buy and have them reflash the OS. I may take it to the Samsung walk-in repair and have them do it instead. Anybody have any luck fixing this?

mrcanoehead

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I've had the issue of the alarm going off with no sound even though it's set to sound occur again recently.

A reboot fixes it. What I've noticed is that if the phone is plugged in to charge, the alarm doesn't sound. If I leave it unplugged, the alarm sounds in the morning fine.

Not sure why.

LLcdPH

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Still having this problem with my S7 Edge. Alarm sounds for a second and mutes. Doesn't matter if I'm using stock clock, Google clock or another third party. They'll work a couple times and then this problem occurs. Factory reset didn't help. Samsung's latest suggestion was to take it to the Samsung Experience at Best Buy and have them reflash the OS. I may take it to the Samsung walk-in repair and have them do it instead. Anybody have any luck fixing this?

I'm still having the issue of the alarm on my S7 Edge sounding for 2 or 3 notes and then muting itself. It doesn't matter whether it is the stock alarm, Google's clock alarm, or another 3rd party. The "Samsung Experience" at Best Buy was unable to re-flash the phone so I ended up taking it to AT&T Service where it WAS re-flashed. Same issue. I had a Note 5 running Android 6.01 on Verizon previously and didn't have the issue. Samsung "customer support" says send it to them to take a look at it. Meaning, I'd be without a phone for several days (weeks?) which is unacceptable with a newly purchased device. That's the kind of service they provide for Samsung "platinum level" customers. Never another Samsung!
Since I rely on my phone for work, it appears that my only option now is to buy a different phone (from a different manufacturer) and dump this one.

mrcanoehead

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I found that if the phone was charging, the alarm would go off without sound. Take it off charger and the same thing. After a restart no issue. If the phone isn't charging and I set an alarm it sounds.

This is all with the alarm set to audio.

MS4194

May 31, 2016
Visit site
I know what causes it but I don't know how to fix it. It has to do with having open media. If you have any apps like YouTube open it hijacks the sound. Just close all apps before bed and it will work every time.

Blkjep

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
I just turned off battery optimization for clock and am also going to close all apps right before bed to see if this combo fixes no alarm issue on stock s7e alarm clock. I'll report back soon.

Last edited:

hqSolider76

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
S6 with same exact issue here---found the culprit to be an app called iForce that is a magic trick and installs something called Doodle app that is the actual app/gimmick to do the trick....when it runs in the background, and alarm goes off, there is no sound. Closing the app allowed the alarm to start making sound again. Looking to create tasker script to ensure this does not happen again...I was late for work.

yabuzS7

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi mates, any solution to this - i mean to get rid of the damned bug once and for all?
I have S7 - corporate phone so i don't have any games or so on it.
My alarm sound goes off, i lose notifications, and music player does not play occasionally. All around the same topic here. Does any Android or Samsung guy/gal sniff around this blog? All sw and firmware updated as of 09-Aug-2016.

kamancini

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I am having the problem with my alarm too. I am not on DND, volume is up. When i try to adjust settings and test the tone it tells me that it cant play during a call.

Libin John

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
Hey, so this morning I woke up nice and rested with the sun shining a bit too brightly - and realized I missed my alarm! I never sleep through alarms. So I tested it and set a timer, than another alarm - both went off without sound. I changed none of the settings, didn't mess with anything. I rebooted the phone and tested again, and everything seemed OK... but that is very, very troubling. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
I have the same issue with S7 Edge. Such a shame samsung. I tried restarting my phone, but again the next time it happened again. I am really worried and just want to change to IOS, if I don't find a solution to this issue.. Also, I am have not played any games, nor my volume is down, nor dnd is on.

SeroXer

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
Just saw this thread and wanted to post, This has happened to me several times for no reason at all alarm doesn't go off i have no apps running in the background nor is my phone rooted, This seems to be a typical Samsung thing because this happened on my S3 also, It looks like the alarm is on but if you have restarted your phone or something like that the alarm is set to off by default so you have to turn it on again even if it looks like its on.

This has bothered me a very long time with Samsung phones it should be an easy fix for them but it seems like its a bug that carries over from every generation of phone they release. So i learned my lesson and got a regular clock instead, The phone is just not reliable in that aspect. So if you don't want to be late for work or so don't use the phone for that purpose or if you still wanna risk it, Get a regular clock and let your phone go off 5 min before the regular clock otherwise its not worth the risk.