Voice Mail

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

So... I love my phone but I hate the Vmail option. When I pull down the notification shade and click on the voicemail alert, it goes to visual voicemail. I don't want to use visual I want to use the inherit vmail like when I long press the 1 key on the dialer. I am coming from an S5 and this was never an issue. Anyone know how to get around using visual mail?

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Is it the visual voicemail app from your carrier? If so and you don't want it at all then disable it with the app "package disabler".

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Is it the visual voicemail app from your carrier? If so and you don't want it at all then disable it with the app "package disabler".

Thank you for the suggestion. I bought the app, disabled voicemail, and then tested. I no longer received a voicemail notification icon so that won't help me at all. I want up getting a refund on the purchase. Looks like I'll have to try something else.

Posted via the Android Central App

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm with verizon. CS can remove visual voicemail and put back basic voice mail. You can't do it online. I tried it to see if it would fix a white noise problem I'm having but it didn't help so they switched me back and I have network support working on my problem. Point is you can go back to the way it used to be where you had to call in and punch in your pin and follow voice prompts, if that's what you really want.

bikercr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
True. I tried everything to get rid of VVM with no success. Finally called VZW and got connected to tech support. They were able to block VVM and restore basic VM. This is a stupid and time wasting way to have to do this and I'm pissed that Verizon is forcing VVM down S7 users throats. But at least it's fixable.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
True. I tried everything to get rid of VVM with no success. Finally called VZW and got connected to tech support. They were able to block VVM and restore basic VM. This is a stupid and time wasting way to have to do this and I'm pissed that Verizon is forcing VVM down S7 users throats. But at least it's fixable.

Thank you for the info.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech