What do you think of the lack of "Just once" and "Always" on the S7?

dnbreaks

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm on an S5 and just got the update to Marshmallow.... absolutely hate that this option has been taken away by Samsung. So happy to have found Better Open With

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
It's simply one of the stupidest thing Samsung has ever done, I can't think on a single reasonable explanation for them to do this, just leave it as it was, with a prompt and an option to use it as default, as simple and easy as that.

The big question is, are they even aware that people hate this? Have people contacted them and complained? If people don't do it, it will stay like that forever.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: What do you think of the lack of "Just once" and "Always" on the S7?

Why are y'all complaining? You can set it so that the S7 allows 'just once' in the app picker:

f4a4b64b204987d3e5b37a2ced41f872.jpg

Settings 》Applications 》Default applications 》Default application selection 》"Ask before setting default apps"

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

trd 4rnr

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site

Why are y'all complaining? You can set it so that the S7 allows 'just once' in the app picker:

Settings 》Applications 》Default applications 》Default application selection 》"Ask before setting default apps"

I don't have the ability to due this. Could this option be a carrier thing?
I'm on Verizon

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160616/f4a4b64b204987d3e5b37a2ced41f872.jpg

Is this new with the update or has it always been there?

This isn't on the carrier versions.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Have you had the latest update? I thought I read in a thread that this was included in it.

I'm on the latest T-Mobile offers. If we get an update that changes it I'll let you know

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

I don't have the ability to due this. Could this option be a carrier thing?
I'm on Verizon

This isn't on the carrier versions.

Have you had the latest update? I thought I read in a thread that this was included in it.
Hey all, I have the unlocked Exynos S7. Perhaps it was added in the latest update?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I think it's there, but once you clicked always, if will just default to that with no further mention, so ppl forget they clicked it maybe... It comes up on mine (S7) when needed. Maybe in the myriad other settings and permissions something but turned offf /blocked..?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

I'm on the latest T-Mobile offers. If we get an update that changes it I'll let you know
It's on the update that rolled out earlier this week, the June update.

This one:
2a2057c9fcd07f795c56eb0d2c4c1d59.jpg

Jad Morffier

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
I set defaults so I don't have to click again and it just opens.

What do you have needing multiple (random?) applications?

I need multiple options because some links in my emails need to open in a reader while some in a browser and others in YouTube, SoundCloud, Pocket etc. I need the choice back. I miss it very much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress