What do you think of the lack of "Just once" and "Always" on the S7?

Mick Symons

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Now, whichever app you tap is automatically set as your default for that action. I think there's gonna be a lot of default clearing.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I use better open with... Works well. I actually prefer it over just once, but to each his own.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't see this issue on my moto pure running marshmallow. The option pops up each time unless I set to "always".

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I set defaults so I don't have to click again and it just opens.

What do you have needing multiple (random?) applications?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is definitely a Samsung thing and not a Marshmallow thing. I have MANY marshmallow devices and the S7e is the ONLY one that I don't get the "just once" prompt on.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This is definitely a Samsung thing and not a Marshmallow thing. I have MANY marshmallow devices and the S7e is the ONLY one that I don't get the "just once" prompt on.

Agree, I have 7 devices running Marshmallow and 0 of them have this "bug" or "feature" or whatever it is.

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
My issue is with the phone contacts list. I have my wife on my favorites, and she has 2 numbers where she can be reached. I have to select the number I want to dial, and then press Just Once. Every time I call her.

If I select one of her numbers as default, it will always dial that number, which is an issue if I don't want to dial the number that time.

Why not just dial the damn number when I press on it, rather than press on the number, then have to press Just Once??

This has been happening since Lollipop on my S6 and now on the S7.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

If I get a link sent to me, say for the forums, depending on what I need to do I need choices. If I just need to reply, the forums app will do fine. If I need to be a Mod, I prefer Chrome.

Rlin5741

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

For me, the biggest issue is when I click on email links or phone call links - depending on the link I may want to use Gmail or exchange, and on Samsung they are different apps, so setting default ends up locking to that email when I go back and hit another email link.

For phone numbers, I like using Hangouts Dialer to call international, and regular phone app domestic (saves money).

For me its one of the most annoying things about the s7 versus the s5. The old method also allowed you to set a default if you want, just hit Always the first time, rather than Just Once.

Posted via the Android Central App

Llmgtab99

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
My issue is with the phone contacts list. I have my wife on my favorites, and she has 2 numbers where she can be reached. I have to select the number I want to dial, and then press Just Once. Every time I call her.

If I select one of her numbers as default, it will always dial that number, which is an issue if I don't want to dial the number that time.

Why not just dial the damn number when I press on it, rather than press on the number, then have to press Just Once??

This has been happening since Lollipop on my S6 and now on the S7.
It was like this on the S6 as well. I really had hoped that they would change it. This drives me insane!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781