enhanced messaging?

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have or are currently using enhanced messaging? Just curious I see att has it but don't know if it's available on the s7 yet? Any help would be great

Posted via the Android Central App

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Correct. But I was wondering if anyone currently has the feature on their phone and if so through what provider

GolpherZX

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I believe that I'm using it via Verizon? I'm using Message+ that syncs messages to all of my machines (mostly Apple based)

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
It's basically like imessage for android. It's through your carrier. I found that att has not rolled it out yet. Really surprised there

Paul Meekin

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I'm using it on my S7 Edge to my wife's S7 on Vodafone UK. So far the only differences I've noticed are you can send photos etc without using MMS, it shows if the text has been delivered or read and it shows when the recipient is typing a reply.

Vodafone has a couple of apps - Call+ and Message+ which offer more features but I wanted to know how many of the Rich Communication features the phone offers out of the box. So far that's all I've found.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
My text messages via Messages+ on Verizon, have always read "sent" or "delivered" but a few months ago I was texting a client and under the text bubble it indicated the recipient of my text was typing a reply. That was the first time I'd seen that and I haven't noticed it since.

But I still don't know what enhanced messaging is nor do I know what imessage is :)

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
What a find! Just started using this on Sprint! How do I know the person read the message though? Can't find that.

My text messages via Messages+ on Verizon, have always read "sent" or "delivered" but a few months ago I was texting a client and under the text bubble it indicated the recipient of my text was typing a reply. That was the first time I'd seen that and I haven't noticed it since.

But I still don't know what enhanced messaging is nor do I know what imessage is :)

autumnr82

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I woke this morning to an alert that my new S7 Edge needed to do a system upgrade - I accepted the alert, it upgraded the system and since them my Enhanced Messaging is not working anymore - Obviously I can send and received text and pictures but the options to see they were delivered and then read is no longer there - Is anyone else experiencing this?
I went through all settings also to confirm that the program is active and turned on and it is - it just no longer works :-(

ashley sturdivant

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm using it on my S7 Edge to my wife's S7 on Vodafone UK. So far the only differences I've noticed are you can send photos etc without using MMS, it shows if the text has been delivered or read and it shows when the recipient is typing a reply.

Vodafone has a couple of apps - Call+ and Message+ which offer more features but I wanted to know how many of the Rich Communication features the phone offers out of the box. So far that's all I've found.

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
It's in the message app under settings. If it doesn't show up.tjat means it's currently not available through your provider. I think that's mobile verizom and sprint currently have it if I'm not mistaken.

estefunny

May 18, 2016
Visit site
do you know where to find it on a s7 edge My carrier is Tmobile. I know its suppose to be in your setting in your messaging app but i cant locate it there?

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
My Sprint S7 has this and has since day 1, but I never knew what it was and figured I wasn't missing anything. I still wonder what it is. Seems like you have to answer some shady permissions just to get it going so I didn't do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21