My notifications on my galaxy s7 will not alert me when i receive a text message.

A

AC Question

When someone is texting me my phone will not make noise or the message will not show up in my notification bar. It shows the messages on the text icon but it does not alert me when i first receive them. So i dont know when i receive a text message unless im constantly unlocking my phone. In my settings everything is turned on and on full voulme according to the notification settings. But im still not getting notified. Ive tried restarting my ohkne but i still got nothing. Please help.

anon(51467)

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Have you checked the app settings? Do you use a third party sms app? What do those settings look like? I found for me some of my contacts had no notification settungs for sms. Check those too.

Posted via the Android Central App

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I also seemed to be missing alerts for my text messages with my new S7. I'm using the Textra app as my default messaging app, and I believe I've resolved the issue buy having this app notify me twice (2 mins apart) if I don't read the message.

Demanda H

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
When someone is texting me my phone will not make noise or the message will not show up in my notification bar. It shows the messages on the text icon but it does not alert me when i first receive them. So i dont know when i receive a text message unless im constantly unlocking my phone. In my settings everything is turned on and on full voulme according to the notification settings. But im still not getting notified. Ive tried restarting my ohkne but i still got nothing. Please help.

Go to settings> notifications> messages> then turn on to again hear sound and notification in bar.
;D

Last edited by a moderator:

kristymcniel1

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I was having this same EXACT problem. all my notification setting were set to "on" in my message settings but I fixed it by going to my phone settings then "device" then "notifications" then I scrolled through until I found my messaging app and sure enough that notification setting was set to "off" for whatever reason. I turned it back to on and it is fixed. My notifications are back to normal.

jackrock

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I was having this same EXACT problem. all my notification setting were set to "on" in my message settings but I fixed it by going to my phone settings then "device" then "notifications" then I scrolled through until I found my messaging app and sure enough that notification setting was set to "off" for whatever reason. I turned it back to on and it is fixed. My notifications are back to normal.

I am having the same problem. As in the original post, everything is set to on including the above suggestion. I never get notifications.

Keith Edmond71

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
was having this same EXACT problem. all my notification setting were set to "on" in my message settings but I fixed it by going to my phone settings then "device" then "notifications" then I scrolled through until I found my messaging app and sure enough that notification setting was set to "off" for whatever reason. I turned it back to on and it is fixed. My notifications are back to normal.

Daaaaaaaaayum. Gud ****, Kristy. I've scrolled thru that list 4548262 times and didn't even notice that

IrishAyes

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem. When you say go to your phone's settings, do you just mean "settings" in my apps? If so, I don't see a "device" selection in my Settings . . ?

Kirk Burkhead

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem. When you say go to your phone's settings, do you just mean "settings" in my apps? If so, I don't see a "device" selection in my Settings . . ?

Settings, then notifications. It lets you decide which apps you want to receive notifications from.

MOMSTER 14

Apr 15, 2017
Visit site
I was having the same issue after upgrading to the OS Nougat. All of my notifications were set to "on", so I went into my application manager & opened my text messaging app & found under the app settings that the notifications was set to "muted". Once I turned the "show silently" off, my text notifications worked again.

dianna brendel

Jun 12, 2017
Visit site

I was having same issue and everything was on etc. Well I took my phone to AT&T and found out that it was the clean master apps I had in my phone. As soon as they deleted them my sound came back.

juliehdg

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
Guys I got it! Go into text messages. On the side hit the volume button up like normal. You should see ringtone pop up at the top of the page. In the right hand corner hit the little grey arrow and tah dah it should show your notifications and that they are off. Tap it and drag it to the volume you would like. I don't know HOW this happened but it fixed it for me and my mom. Good luck.

ar1aragon

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
Figured it out! I've had this problem for months and have been so bummed, was waiting for an update for a fix because an update made my notifications mute.

Solution:
After reading comments here i went to tinker again, go to Settings>Sound&vibration>Volume it has an adjust bar for each--- notification, ringtone, media, system, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463