Home-button cracked/chipped?

A

AC Question

Heya guys,

I just recently got my Galaxy S7 and it seems like there is a very small crack on the homebutton. The fingerprint scanner is still working but I am curious if anyone else has this problem with their S7.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi, & Welcome to Android Central Forums!

If the phone is New, and you didn't damage it, then you should take it back to your place of purchase and see if they can help. You can also contact Samsung and see if they will cover it. Be sure to check and make sure there's not some protective tape on the button that may looked cracked, but is actually peeling.

Hope this helps!

TheseusWrex

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Heya guys,

I just recently got my Galaxy S7 and it seems like there is a very small crack on the homebutton. The fingerprint scanner is still working but I am curious if anyone else has this problem with their S7.

I just noticed today that my home button has a big chip in the middle of it. At first, I thought it was a piece of dirt or something. But, it turned out to be chipped. I just got my Galaxy S7 maybe 2 months ago. Not sure what to do about it other than take it somewhere to get it fixed.

Does Samsung cover the repairs for this?

Erick47

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I have a Verizon S7 and do not have this problem. Do you put your phone in your pockets with something else?

Posted via the Android Central App

PA452

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
My home button still looks pristine after maybe two months or more. Someone else did ask about home button damage here a few weeks ago; they didn't experience it themselves but heard that it might be a problem.

Never had a problem with the home button on my S4 either, but that may not be relevant.

MelanieCanada

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
This just happened to me too! I have owned my S7 for exactly one week. I am very careful with my phone. It got chipped somehow since I watched netflix on it last night before bed, this morning there was a big chip and the fingerprint thing no longer works :(

Edit: I had the S5 for 2 years before this and the home button was pristine. Even with a few chips on the edges from drops. Seems like a design or manufacturing flaw on Samsung's part.

Last edited:

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
This just happened to me too! I have owned my phone for exactly one week. I am very careful with my phone. It got chipped somehow since I watched netflix on it last night before bed, this morning there was a big chip and the fingerprint thing no longer works :(
Can you post a photo, ive not read that the sensor stops working when the paint flakes.

Fraydknott

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
My s7 has the same thing happening. Big black chip in the home button. Scanner still works but it looks like crap. ive never dropped,banged, or scratched my phone. Just regular use 20160918_125803.jpg you can see not only is it chipped but there is wear just inside the bottom edge. I am a stay at home mom with tiny hands, I am not rough on my phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz