Charging Issue

jtb79

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Phone is 4 days old and runs perfectly. Last night I plugged into the wall to charge with around 35% left. I noticed it said cable charging instead of fast charging. Tried another outlet but it wouldn't even charge. Ended up using the USB in the computer over night. Same problem this morning. Should I go back to AT&T to see about an exchabge? I've never had a non phone related issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Should I go back to AT&T to see about an exchabge?
That's what I would do. And if they can't help you, ask for the address of the Device Support Center. Then go there and ask for help. Four days? At the very least, they should give you a new phone and charger.

Bridget Booth

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
That sounds more like it's the cable or brick, IMHO. I'm usually wary of devices that have been used with bad power supplies, though, especially when they're battery operated. I'd see if they'd do an exchange.

frozen17

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
It's the thin crappy cable. My note 5 had the same problem. After a couple months it would just cable charge most of the time. There is a thread about it in the note 5 forum.

Contacting samsung was a waste of time.

I finally bought a nice usb cable which resolved the issue

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I would do an exchange. The brick that comes with the device is a fast charging one I believe. If another fast charger works, then I would think that you can eliminate the phone as the issue.

jtb79

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
There going to send a new brick. Hopefully that'll take care of the problem.

Thanks for the advice!

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
My s6 would sometimes slow charge with the fast charger but unplugging the USB from the fast charging brick and plugging it back in would solve the issue and would fast charge again. Would have to do it every couple of weeks. It's like the connection from the brick to the cable wasn't all that great or a manufacturer defect. Don't know.
But unplugging the two and plugging them back in worked every time for another couple weeks. At least it did for me anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress