Mobile data drop problem on Galaxy S7?

Jester23

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
First time really using the forums here and I tried searching but didn't notice anything about my issue. I'm having trouble with mobile data just stopping randomly. It says mobile data is on but the data just isn't functioning. I've tried toggling airplane mode off and on but that doesn't work and neither does toggling mobile data off and back on. The only solution seems to be rebooting the phone. I bought the phone used so I can't just send it back. I'm just wondering if anybody else is having this same issue? It happened twice today and three times yesterday. It also happened over the last couple weeks randomly. I've read about people having the issue with Wi-Fi but not the mobile data. The phone is Sim unlocked now but has not been rooted and is running the stock software. Any suggestions on how to clear this issue up? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jester23

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I haven't yet, I also just tried to take the sim card out and turn off phone and replace card and turn it back on and going into recovery and wiping the cache... We'll see if it happens again now... If so, I'll try a factory reset I guess then try a new sim card and see if that's the issue. I really don't want to get a new sim card if I can avoid it as I'm scared I'd loose my plan since it's from a different province and I'm paying half what I would in my current province... Absolute last resort as to avoid that possibility...

Rosa Matz

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem! Even with a new SIM and a new S7 i have the exact same issue. I don't know what else to do, i have done everything i've been told and the mobile data still dropping, please tell us if you found a solution

Jester23

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had the issue pop up as much since the last update to my S7 with the July security patches... Maybe it was bad software??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish