can't figure out how to set up some obvious features

richl025

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi, just picked up my S7 after coming from a HTC M7.

Aside from the usual learning curve, I'm a bit frustrated because there's 2 obvious (to me) things that the M7 did that I cannot figure out how to configure on the S7.

1) Notifications from the lock screen - when I "long press" the notification (ie, Gmail telling me I have a new email) - it takes me not to the email itself, or even the inbox, but I go right to the "App Notifications" for Gmail where I can change the details on how the notifications work, but it doesn't take me to the actual app! I can't believe there's not a way to configure this but I have been unable to find it

2) Scheduling auto-sync times & frequency. I can find how to turn auto sync on and off for different apps, but on the HTC I could specify how often I wanted the phone to sync (ie, look for new emails) and also specify WHEN it did so (so my phone wasn't dinging at 3 am with a work email...) is this possible on Samsung's version of android?

Any help from savvy users would be appreciated

Rich

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
To the best of my knowledge, neither of those options are possible. I may be wrong

Posted via the Android Central App

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Tapping on the notification will take you to the appropriate app. After tapping you will need to swipe or unlock the lock screen, how ever you have that setup.

As far as sync goes, just look within the settings of each app.

Setup "Do Not Disturb" to eliminate "dings" in the middle of the night. This is one of my favorite features.

Posted via the Android Central App using my badass Galaxy S7

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
1) Notifications from the lock screen - when I "long press" the notification (ie, Gmail telling me I have a new email) - it takes me not to the email itself, or even the inbox, but I go right to the "App Notifications" for Gmail where I can change the details on how the notifications work, but it doesn't take me to the actual app! I can't believe there's not a way to configure this but I have been unable to find it

Welcome to Android Central!

As long as you do not have a password or anything you should be able to double tap not long press the notification and it open the app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante