S7 Themes Battery Usage

GS5TR

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Im wondering, if you download and apply a new theme on your s7, will it be effective on your battery/date usage? :-*

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it will not. Only thing changing is the way your UI looks. If you install a dark theme, maybe it will help a little

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Material Dark theme. I'm not an expert but the darker the theme the less energy consumption. The AOD feature drains less than one percent per hour as it is black for the most part.

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I noticed when I apply a theme from theme store there is a theme app icon under running applications.
When I use the stock theme there is no theme application in running applications.
So when you add a theme to your phone there is definitely another application running in background.
But I've used stock and one from theme store and I really can't tell the difference in battery.

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I've been using themes from the theme store and from what I can tell there is no difference in battery life at all

rdandy5875

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm using a theme called classic black ($1.99), if there is an impact on battery life due to it being a theme, it is negated and improved over stock by using less screen power.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
GSAM shows 0 battery use by the running them process since I last charged. If there's any impact on battery life, I think you'd need a very precise instrument to measure it.

GS5TR

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I noticed when I apply a theme from theme store there is a theme app icon under running applications.
When I use the stock theme there is no theme application in running applications.
So when you add a theme to your phone there is definitely another application running in background.
But I've used stock and one from theme store and I really can't tell the difference in battery.

Yes indeed, but when you close your active running apps it will disapear, so no worries about that :)

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Yes indeed, but when you close your active running apps it will disapear, so no worries about that :)
The theme app stays running even when you close all running apps. You can check running applications and it's always there unless you go back to stock.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Purely my anecdotal evidence, but I haven't even experienced a difference between a dark theme and stock with regards to battery life. And I'm talking about both good and bad. I haven't notice much battery improvement from a dark theme and I haven't noticed much battery degradation from a dark theme (or theme in general), in relation to stock. Themes may look better, but I think the battery improvement claims smell of snake oil myself. Again, only based on my use. Others may - and do - feel differently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo