marshmallow sdcard unwritesble

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can the phone still read the data that's already on the card? What happens when you try to write something to the card? Do you get an error message?

bishop2001

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I get a check file permissions error although I can create folders/files on the sdcard. It's only when I try to copy a bunch of music over. Wav and mp3s. Weird.

Javier Luna1

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
Are you using a third party file manager to do it? Try the stock File Manager included with your phone

I have the same problem on my S7 edge. I used to be able copy/paste/create files/folders in my sd using any file manager. I tested the sd in others phones/tablets/windows-pc and it's working perfectly. I can read. but not write. Even I can not save the photos in the sd (using the native samsung camera app).
I guess is writte access right.

Any idea?? thanks

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem on my S7 edge. I used to be able copy/paste/create files/folders in my sd using any file manager. I tested the sd in others phones/tablets/windows-pc and it's working perfectly. I can read. but not write. Even I can not save the photos in the sd (using the native samsung camera app).
I guess is writte access right.

Any idea?? thanks

In that case, I would backup the SD card, reformat it using the phone and then re-telling Camera App to use that to store pictures on and see if you can use it then

elprovider

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
This has been happening to me since the update to 6.0.1.
The camera app no longer saves to SD card. I've tried a lot of fixes without luck. I even changed Micro SD cards.
The gallery app can read videos I took before the update, but not photos.
I tried moving photos from the internal storage to the SD card but no luck again.
Google Music does seem to be downloading music to the SD card.

I'm hoping a new update will fix this.