Samsung Galaxy S7 disconnecting from bluetooth and reconnecting automatically.

prash123

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Ive recently bought the new Samsung S7 and am having troubles when using it via Bluetooth on my 2010 BMW 3 series. When I'm in the middle off a call, the Bluetooth will disconnect from the car and then automatically reconnect after a few seconds so I can continue my call. This is very frustrating. Any ideas to fix it. Have tried un-pairing etc.

Incidentally no problems with Audi A6. I had no problems with my previous Samsung S5 on either car. Have no idea whether this is a Samsung or BMW issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Prash

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Interesting it's a BMW....a friend of mine had the S6 paired with a beemer, he tried 3 different S6's due to the same problem you describe. He'd previously had no issues with his S4 or S5 either.

As you mention you have no probs with the Audi, I'd say BMW have done something to their system that seems to affect newer Sammy's. Be interesting to see if anyone on marshmallow on other phone's (& have a BMW) have the issue too.

autonm

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Ive recently bought the new Samsung S7 and am having troubles when using it via Bluetooth on my 2010 BMW 3 series. When I'm in the middle off a call, the Bluetooth will disconnect from the car and then automatically reconnect after a few seconds so I can continue my call. This is very frustrating. Any ideas to fix it. Have tried un-pairing etc.

Incidentally no problems with Audi A6. I had no problems with my previous Samsung S5 on either car. Have no idea whether this is a Samsung or BMW issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Prash

I think this is s7.
I have a new a6 audi and this happens all the time. When it dosconnects i have to restart the phone.

Also happens when streaming music via Bluetooth.

Read of lots of other people having same problem but no solution.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have connected a Bluetooth speaker, Bose sound sport earphones and Mercedes car. All have no issues connecting automatically. Don't think it's the phone, probably some Bluetooth devices use a older bluetooth standard and causing issues?

cycletourist

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Bump. Has anyone made any progress with this? I have a 2017 Outback and about once every minute it disconnects and a few seconds later it reconnects. I cannot use my phone in my car like that. USB is not an option (the scourge of MirrorLink). I'm thinking of mounting my phone on the dash, connecting to 12 volt power and using the auxiliary jack.

[Short Rant] The auto and phone manufacturers have made pairing a phone almost useless. So useless that I am going to have to bypass their nonsense completely and make it so I can have full use of my phone - the exact thing they are trying to prevent.[End Rant]

I sure could use a fix for this. Samsung points at Subaru who points right back at Samsung. No one wants to take responsibility for a problem that is plaguing many people.

I keep wondering if it is a setting I have changed, but I just reset all Application Settings today and it almost seems worse.

I have cleared Blue Tooth cache and data
(Settings -> Applications -> Application Manager (More -> show system apps) -> Bluetooth Share
Force Stop then Storage -> Clear Data/Cache)

I have cleared the entire phone (android?) cache. (Phone off, hold volume up, power and home key to get to an android debug? menu.)

There must be something causing this. I am seeking help in the Subaru.outback forums as well. No one has found a cure. One person said they sent their phone to Samsung, who flashed it and returned it - and then it worked right. I assume I can do this at home - but am leery of trying. I've only had a smart phone for the last three weeks, but I believe I can back it up (Samsung Switch on my PC), flash it and then restore it? I hope it's that easy, because that is the only thing left I can think of.

cycletourist

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Finally I had some success. I had tried unpairing and re-pairing to no avail. Today I added a couple of steps that may have helped. I unpaired the car from my phone, turned Bluetooth off and back on so the "SUBARU BT" entry disappeared completely. I then did a phone Restart. I went to my car, started it, and the phone asked permission to connect and then for permission to share. I tapped Allow and my music started and continued uninterrupted - even after I had shut the car off and started it again.

I hope this fix stays permanent - or if the problem comes up - very infrequently - this fixes it again.

Just to be complete I had already done the following. My guess is that it is not necessary, but I have left the settings this way.

Settings -> More connection settings - turn off scan for nearby devices
Settings -> Privacy and Safety -> Location -> Improve Accuracy - Turn off WiFi scanning and Blue Tooth Scanning.
Settings -> Battery -> App Power Saving -> Details - Music app, Turned Off
Settings -> Applications -> Application Manager (More -> show system apps) -> Bluetooth Share Force Stop then Storage -> Clear Data/Cache
Home screen long tap -> Widgets -> My Places -> Manage -> Apply Settings By Location -> Off

lynstks

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I was having this problem also -- the phone would disconnect/connect a few times at the beginning of my commute, then usually be ok for the rest of the trip. I got the Tmobile update a few days ago, and my S7 has not disconnected from my car on its own since. I love updates that do something noticeable!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463