Text msgs & pic sending and video quality s7

vgarza1972

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I have a model sm-g930fd galaxy s7 international model, and i'm very disappointed in the limits on txt msg and sending pics one at a time!!! It's like we've gone back 8 years with my htc i use to have....wtf samsung u guys can't get anything right with every new phone u guys bring out u always improve on the thing everyone complains about and then u go and screw up something that needed no attention on why why why??? Has anybody figured out a different solution to this issue?? I believe i'm done with samsung after this...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can try a 3rd party messaging app if that's what you're looking for. Also, any limitations in text/MMS messaging like quality, size, etc. is imposed by each carrier, not the phone's manufacturer :)

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
You may want to try a different messaging app, I have the US version with Verizon as my carrier and I have no issues attaching multiple pictures to a text message... What app do you use for texting?

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Its the carriers, AT&T has a 600K limit. not sure on the others but theirs is about the same.. anything more then 2 pics is going to cause issues and video that is cut to 600K wont look good. AT&T has a special message version that will let you do much more but only a few devices will work and ours is not one for some reason.

only option is to use drop box or some 3rd party and send a link

vgarza1972

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks just wondering why nobody's upset like I am about this?? We pay way to much for these phones to be limited and it's not like this isn't something they can't fix!! 😡😠

Posted via the Android Central App

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
haha.. I have been upset about that for 7 years now. I had to deal with 3g working like 2g and 4g working like 2g and my lte speeds should be 30-70mbps but I get 3-4 at my house. When I moved here I had 13. AT&T spoon feeds us for years. all that money you would think they would upgrade the networks but instead they buy direct tv for 49 billion or some crazy amount. When is google going to start wirless

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
OK.. Just for the heck of it I tried to use the Samsung messages app and I can attach multiple images there as well, how are you trying to attach them? If I long press on a image it then allows me to check additional images to attach... Does this not work for you?

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

vgarza1972

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I go to messages select attachment and depending on the size of the pic I maybe can load 2 pics Cuz it tells me only 300kb per message and that's all it'll do and 160 character limits.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I agree. This is definitely a carrier-imposed limit (either by them modifying the phone's software or by imposing limits on their network, but a carrier limit nonetheless).

vgarza1972

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I agree with u guys and I'm gonna raise some HELL to cricket about it some more information appreciate all the info thanks!!!

Chris Vizzini

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I have a model sm-g930fd galaxy s7 international model, and i'm very disappointed in the limits on txt msg and sending pics one at a time!!! It's like we've gone back 8 years with my htc i use to have....wtf samsung u guys can't get anything right with every new phone u guys bring out u always improve on the thing everyone complains about and then u go and screw up something that needed no attention on why why why??? Has anybody figured out a different solution to this issue?? I believe i'm done with samsung after this...

Just thought I'd chime in on this annoying problem. I have the AT&T branded Note 5 and can send 1MB via the stock messenger. I also recently got the international variant of the S7 Edge (SM-G935) that's unlocked, Polish out of the box. I've tried ton of different country ROMs and every single one of them have a 300kb limit on the stock messenger app. Textra has no problem sending 1MB files so it would seem that 300kb is a Samsung default?

Sent back on the Note 5 and it's back to sending 1MB attachments. I've searched everywhere for a setting to change. No dice. :(