Several issues with S7 need Advice please

Lizzieelane

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
I am having so many issues with the regular s7 phone its hard to keep track of all and need advice on what to do. I have verizon and have a week or so to choose to return it or not. I have talked with Verizon about my issues and they were no help and I have tried to change and fix my settings and restart my wifi modem. Here are the following issues I am having please let me know if you are having the same:
I can only connect to some wifis. And on certain wifis I can't use some apps properly like maps, Pandora, youtube, logging into snapchat etc and can't update any apps on my home wifi or other wifis but some wifis let me do all of that.
Lyft app keeps popping up.
Takes almost 5 hours to charge phone and stays at same percent when I am using phone while charging.
On music app only plays one song it does not go to the next one.

Thanks for your help!

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
There were some wifi issues with the S7, is your phone updated to latest firmware?
You can turn on fast cable charging in battery settings but you need the original charger it came with.
Tap "shuffle" in your play list in music app and it should play all songs for you.
Notifications settings should let you disable the persistent app popping up..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I merged duplicate threads.

Try wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-24999

For the wi-fi issue, try rebooting your router by unplugging its power for 10 seconds, then plugging back in again. See this guide for more ideas: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roubleshooting-wi-fi-connection-problems.html. Another thing to try is to log into your router's settings (see the router manual to learn how) and disable IPv6.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, I wouldn't mess around. Just exchange it while you're still in the exchange window. Costs too much to not be satisfied.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
You've got a year warranty on that phone. If you're having such issues, swap it out. Im having a few wifi AND data issues with my S7 edge. Verizon is sending me a new sim card. If tga5 doesn't work, I'll take it back for another new one.

Posted via Android Central App

laidbackuser

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Had a problem w/s7 not updating apps or downloading from google play store. Resolved issue by signing out of and back into google gmail account. It worked!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech