Display color irregularity

JovHok

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
I’m having 2 types of issue with my display,

Noticing a kind of very lite shade of greys only in white screens irrespective of the brightness. No problem with any other colors. Can't capture it in a snap. So tried my best to represent it in the image(attached). You can download the image and zoom-in and shake the image in the marked area to clearly see what I’m talking about. Anybody else having this issue? Is it huge issue since I will be working with photographs in the phone?
Also the display is cooler at top and warm at bottom. Images attached. Again stating that it is very difficult to represent it in an image but tried my best.

In real life these issues won’t be that severe as in the images but easily noticeable for someone who is working on graphics and arts in daily life.,

Just bought the device yesterday. Would be nice if someone can tell me how to convey these to the retailer without making him think that I’m crazy for a replacement.

Unlocked model S7(flat)

Attachments

• Slide1.PNG
    Slide1.PNG
    128.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Slide2.PNG
    Slide2.PNG
    124.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Presentation1.png
    Presentation1.png
    114.2 KB · Views: 20

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Could the greyness be screen burn-in? I know that you just got the phone, but who knows, maybe it was a return, or maybe a technician kept the screen on for too long while doing something.

Extra points to you for using "irrespective" correctly!:p

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I suspect it's defective and so you should swap it for a replacement before investing any more of your time setting up that new phone.

trysis3

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I’m having 2 types of issue with my display,

Noticing a kind of very lite shade of greys only in white screens irrespective of the brightness. No problem with any other colors. Can't capture it in a snap. So tried my best to represent it in the image(attached). You can download the image and zoom-in and shake the image in the marked area to clearly see what I’m talking about. Anybody else having this issue? Is it huge issue since I will be working with photographs in the phone?
Also the display is cooler at top and warm at bottom. Images attached. Again stating that it is very difficult to represent it in an image but tried my best.

In real life these issues won’t be that severe as in the images but easily noticeable for someone who is working on graphics and arts in daily life.,

Just bought the device yesterday. Would be nice if someone can tell me how to convey these to the retailer without making him think that I’m crazy for a replacement.

Unlocked model S7(flat)

what have you done about it ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech