Camera Shutter Going Off By It's Self But No Picture Taken

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I think my phone is possessed :eek: I was in camera mode and I have it set so that voice commands will trigger the shutter but several times today the shutter would snap without the command of "shoot". My granddaughter and I were talking but none of the words we said were the three that triggers the shutter. We would even repeat what we'd just said to see if it would snap a picture again. It wouldn't. But that's not the weirdest thing. Tonight when we got home, I opened Gallery to view the images and delete the ones that were accidentally taken. NONE OF THE PHOTOS THAT WE THOUGHT WERE TAKEN WITHOUT US SAYING "SHOOT" WERE IN THE GALLERY. The shutter "snap"' sound was firing but no photos were in the Gallery. "splain" that one...please! :confused:

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Not really going to be able to explain that one LOL! I would however suggest that you Find "Camera" in V.l.A. Application Manager, and clear cache. You can also enter recovery, and wipe cache partition (Safe).

Let us know if that works.

Chris

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Can't help explain your issue, but I have sometimes seen my phone (sitting nearby on a table) suddenly light up the screen and go into Google Now (with the telltale sound of waiting for a command) as if I've said "OK Google". But I haven't said a word! The TV was on but I heard nothing that remotely sounded like "OK Google". If I am talking conversationally near my phone, it sometimes picks up the word "Google" (like when I say to someone,"why don't you google blah blah blah") and turns on the Google Now app, waiting for input. Spooky. Conversely, it peridocally fails to always respond to an "OK Google" from me at a normal volume level, just a few inches from the phone. Go figure. I may have to repeat it a couple more times to get it to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar