Lack of touch screen sensitivity along bottom edge

GregS2

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm noticing that my S7 often has trouble registering taps along the bottom edge of the screen, which requires me to press a bit more firmly and deliberately than I'd like. It works perfectly everywhere else on the screen. I tried two other S7 examples at the store, and they both had the same problem, although one of them very nearly worked. Oddly, the shop assistant couldn't cause the problem to occur when they tried!

I've been asked to take it into Samsung for inspection, after which I'll report back. In the meantime if anyone has any help/advice that would be appreciated.

Never had this problem with any other phone, and other models in the store (e.g S6, Note 5) worked fine too.

A great utility to test this is the dial code *#7353# and then select TSP Grid Mode.

Last edited:

GregS2

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Sorry about that - my phone is from a different provider (Telstra). There are plenty of other touch screen test apps available, but the reason I like the inbuilt one is that it divides the screen up into a grid of patches which are just the right size to make it obvious when a tap has either worked or not worked. Not looking forward at all to trying to convince Samsung that it's defective, but I just don't think I'll be able to live with it for 2 long years like it is.

GregS2

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
The Samsung assistant was able to reproduce the problem, and have authorised my carrier to issue a remedy. I tried yet another S7 example, and it too had the problem. My remedy definitely won't be a replacement S7.

GregS2

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
FWIW - I tried one S7 Edge example - it was fine. My S7 has gone back - waiting for my replacement, which will be a Note 5.

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Nougat update finally fixed this problem for me. I checked the touchscreen firmware version and saw that it updated after Nougat came down.

Using a touchscreen tester, I am unable to recreate the problem along the bottom or right side any longer...not one missed tap.

Aryja

Feb 22, 2018
Visit site
I have this and this is the only thread that I've found on the subject. I have a game I play, that has a similar play style to guitar hero with hitting certain notes. Any of the notes that hit the side of the screen closer to the home/back button side of my screen tend to miss... Even though I've clearly pressed it. I've tried sgs and have no other idea how to fix it. I have an S7 edge, it's a recent replacement as my last S7 edge had a crack in it so it's newer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7